parking truck on days off

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Trip_84, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    In addition to my personal vehicles safety and security. I could park at home but instead I make the 25 mile drive to work a few days a week. Their truck and freight is their responsibility when it's parked safe and sound on their property. If someone parks at a truckstop what do they do when they return "home" at 0200 in the morning and the lot is full? Just put off going home for another day?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    I thought that might happen when I came home for Thanksgiving this week, but it didn't. Usually you can find a place to park it, even if it's for the night/day, then go back and re-adjust it if necessary the next day. Not sure what I'd do if there was absolutely nowhere in my local TS to park it.

4. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Yes I always enjoyed those truckstops that never filled up. Usually the HUGE ones with unmarked spots. There's a few of them on I-30 in Arkansas like that.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I use to put off going home till the morning after 7 am.I could be parked at a rest area 20 miles from home but why get at a trk stop 2 am or earlier,you're just going to either stay in the trk till morning or go home and go right to bed so why not just wait till morning then head to trk stop when lot starts to empty out.

6. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    I would tell you where I park, but don't want other trucks to show up and ruin it for me, I do have permission from the place to park there, but once to many show up and start using it like a dump site, witch nasty driver will do, they would kick everyone out, including me, so! my secret spot will have to remain a secret, it safe, it secure, huge fenced in lot, never have to worry about equipment

Lowtide Thanks this.
  7. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I agree but your missing my whole point. I would not park my truck at a truck stop unattended. It's not an option for everyone but it is for me.

8. grabberblue12

grabberblue12 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2012
    between here and there
    As a walmart driver I will tell you that walmart is cracking down on drivers parking on walmart property. You have a few bad apples ruining this for you guys throwing their trash on the ground and urinating or dumping piss bottles in the parking lot. Managers have been instructed to have any non walmart truck towed unless your a dedicated pulling for us.

just a heads up......

jeepnut_nh Thanks this.
  9. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    They should fcking pay, it's their equipment. In a city like Orlando where there is only one truck stop and it charges for parking every night they should at least pay half. Oh how they love to hold you accountable for baby sitting their junk even if you aren't seeing a dime...

But don't worry I took care of that a long time ago. My terminal is 2 miles from my house and the truck sleeps there every day.

10. lisajeanie

lisajeanie Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2013
    My husband is a new truck driver and would like to come home for 1 day. The problem is, I can't find anyplace that will let him park his truck. We live in Buffalo, NY. Does anyone have any suggestions?

11. Trip_84

Trip_84 Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Stafford, virginia

this is what im afraid of happening to me. What places have you tried at? Are you speaking to managers of the stores, if so what are they saying? i finish school in 2 weeks and i am not sure what to do. everyone is saying truck stops. none by my house. some are saying walmarts are mostly now allowing it anymore. Goodluck and let us know what you figure out!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.