Partnership late filling penalty

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by flatbeb mac, May 7, 2017.

1. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Yeah, got dinged for that one... $195 per member per month, seems they changed the filling date for form 1065 last year from 4/15 to 3/15. So my failure to stay on top of things cost me $780.

The thing of it is, there are only 2 members in the partnership and it was only 1 month late. (filled after 3/15 but before 4/15) So by my calculations the penalty should be $390. The paper only says there were 2 partners and doesn't mention the number of months nor any interest amount which in this case must be 100% per month....

Funny thing is, it's dated May 8th but I received it May 6th and it's due by May 29th. I'm cool with the original "I was late" I just don't understand the extra $390 and the time to pay seems a tad strict. Wish I could demand payment that fast! Sure it was my mistake but, I'm still going to call them Monday and ask about that extra $390. Surprised that they didn't wait a year or three and then tell me, guess I should just be happy about that lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.