Paul Miller Trucking- Spring Grove, PA.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Mystic_Shadow, Nov 3, 2008.

1. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Mystic Shadow had 2 posts the last 1 on 11/3/2008. Another "hit and run":biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    :biggrin_2555: WOW This has GOT to be a record for The Truckers Report!
    2 posters in the first page of the thread that are 1 post wonders cheerleading for the company!
    This has got to be preserved for life!
    It's a Once in a life time on any Forum!
    And both of them live within 18 miles of the yard!
    HMMMM I know you all know what I really want to say but I'll let someone else announce it!
    :biggrin_25514:

zentrucking and bigblue19 Thank this.
  4. dannyb1212000

dannyb1212000 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2009
    somerset KY
    Well lets see what Independent sources have to say About Paul Miller trucking

Driver SEA 79.27
    Vehicle SEA 72.15

Last inspection had 1 critical Violation listed March 2009
    Last 30 months 6 crashes
    Last 30 months 0 fatal accidents
    Average # of power unit 51

That's a border line company there with high out of service marks on both the driver and trucks. More than 1 in 10 trucks have been involved in a crash last 30 months which is high, but only 3 needed tows which is low. Some corners are being cut there by both the company and DRIVERS. We need to take responsibility for our own actions no one holds a gun to your head to do something illegal. It's border line saftey wise and thats a honest answer, may be worth a look by the DOT
    http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SafeStat/CarrierOverview.asp?ais=&dot=269486&WhichForm=safer

They have great credit scores and good records otherwise ( is a pay site and I can't post links from it). I personally wouldn't drive there or anywhere on a 1099 as a company driver. That crap rips the driver off no matter who is doing it and needs to get out of the industry for company drivers. If you don't own the tools (truck) that does the job and have no chance to profit and loss from your work then you shouldn't be 1099.. As we need to police our own saftey we also need to read beyond the recruiters. The company has 51 trucks and is an East Coast carrier....why did you think they would change their whole concept and customer base to suit you? If you want to drive South East regional hire on with a company located and running there, not with a company Located in PA and operating on the east Coast. Good luck man.

slick14 and average joe Thank this.
  5. jellybean

jellybean Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Central MD
    i know several drivers that work for them and they are very happy the company i currently work for gets flat bed loads brokered through them and they are overall good loads (i have hauled several of these loads and have no complaints the shippers and receivers have been good and they had good rates i get paid %). They have a lot of southeast freight all the loads i have hauled for them were either out of georgia, sc or al and all coming back to md or pa. A lot of their runs are coils down south lumber back up. Im sorry that you had a bad experience but they really are not a bad company from what Ive personally heard from friends of mine or experienced myself.

6. old-six-pack

old-six-pack Heavy Load Member

Oct 24, 2007
    vernon hill, va
    sounds like cheap shet both ways to me.....

dannyb1212000 Thanks this.
  7. jellybean

jellybean Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Central MD
    Well in all fairness have you ever hauled for them? Just because its steel or lumber doesn't mean its cheap plenty of people make a good living hauling it. Plenty of freight might sound cheap but just because its a certain commodity doesn't mean its cheap a lot more goes into a rate

8. rbcrepo

rbcrepo Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2011
    willow hill pa
    if you didnt come over with some of the office people from the other trucking co. u will not make money maybe first couple weeks u will. i am rite now fileing reports again them with the rite people for ripping drives off. management and you know who i am talking and they are related. drives check why the left the other trucking co..

9. #1dispatcher

#1dispatcher Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2011
    you are absolutely correct about calling the correct person. I am quite familar with this company and if everyone would actually stand up for themselves i doubt there would be a paul miller trucking... they are a bad place to work for... hopefully when dot goes in next week they get shut down... they are a bunch of crooks

10. Corporate Sales

Corporate Sales Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2011
    DOT's gone & the doors are still open...imagine that :bootyshake:

11. #1dispatcher

#1dispatcher Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2011
    must make you proud to work for a company that does nothing but take the money from the drivers that they work so hard for. they deduct more money than they pay out. plus they charge you extra to fix their crappy equipment that they sell to these poor guys... not to mention if you blow a trailer tire you bought it but then they will put it on a company truck. that's why there is over 100% turnover... they need to repent on sundays. bunch of liars. but hey you must be proud... of what i don't know.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.