Payroll and BOL question.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Oldironfan, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Do bols need to be turned in to carrier to be paid? If I'm driving OTR shouldn't I be paid paid no matter if I've turned in or not?
    Being I'm not paid by the load but paid mileage? This is all company driver.
    Side note I'm tired of paying out of my pocket $13 to send Bill's FedEx Express as carrier requests. They will not except PDF image of Bill's. Very frusterated.

Lepton1 and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I can not believe a couple of people still require hard copies. I could see if someone was bad at scanning quality copies but then just deal with those few.

LS is the most odd....either hard copies or you can use their proprietary scanner software to operate your scanner and submit them in to their beast system. Probably cool if you run a lot for them but jeesh a scanned copy these days is crystal clean and instant and leaves a trail. Perfect really.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    You’re driving for the wrong company. We can use the transflo app, however the “mail” must be received by a cut off day/time to be paid. Otherwise they never would receive docs in order to bill the customer in a timely manner.

5. Some brokers still need a ink inpression real BOL for them to bill the shipper with. To many times that shipper has been suckered into paying for multiple scan copies. Shipper CYA. It happens

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Too pad they won't take PDF or pic of the BOL/proof of delivery POD. I use an app on my phone to take a pic of everything and send it to my company. I use Transflo Mobile +. It's just like faxing the bills from the truck stop. It's a free app. If your company can use Transflo they could use the smartphone app also. It's a real time saver.

Lepton1 and Oldironfan Thank this.
  7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Get a job at a Mega company and get away from that family owned Ma and Pa company that screws you over all day every day.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  8. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Agreed.
    Also being on AOBR they want drivers to fill out trip envelopes with fuel stops and state miles. So I'm doing their IFTA reporting for free. Because they are to cheap to buy data storage for that info.

tucker Thanks this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I use the aforementioned Transflow App, or email it to the company. At first we were using Trip Packs. I'm surprised they don't even at least have it faxed, but the fact that there is no modern day way to get the bills in is flabbergasted. That can be the only drawback about mom and Pop companies......many of them take so long to get with the times

10. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Transflo costs the carrier money.
    There is an app called cam scanner that does the same thing. It sends files as a pdf to an email. And has no costs.
    My old carrier just had us transflo from store, or phone. By Friday. Than turn in papers when we got back. Weeks later.

Lepton1 and tscottme Thank this.
  11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Agreed. Small operators can’t really leverage services like Transflo in a cost effective manner. But it looks like they could provide prepaid Fedex or UPS overnight envelopes to you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.