penalty for false log and driving while out of service in Tx

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Double R, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Violating an out of servive order is a major violation. You will be fired and it will go on your PSP/ CSA.....good luck geting a job in the near future.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieselbear

dieselbear Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    This happens more than you all probably imagine. I get about one or two a month that I put out of service that jump the order. Other's are caught because of the computer databases. Every stop I check the vehicles, driver and carrier through the numerous databases. You would be surprised what you find. Guys that were put out of service a couple State's away a within the previous 10 hours and low and behold I have got them stopped when they are supposed to be out for 10 hrs. Same with out of service vehicles. After every inspection I upload the inspection to the feds, so if someone else stops the same vehicle it is there for them to see. It takes me about 10 seconds to have it uploaded, and only a minute or two to locate previous inspection reports.

4. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    You were stupid for leaving but you could have beaten the logging issue in court. Since your average speed didn't exceed the maximum posted speed limit on 287 (70mph), I don't see how he can say you were speeding. The burden is on them to prove you did. He bluffed you and you blinked. FWIW I used to make runs between Albuquerque and Ft Worth all the time and under the right conditions, its possible to average 65 mph between Ft. Worth and Amarillo on 287. Then again, I set my cruise to 73mph in the 70 zones lol outlaw trucker.

Mommas_money_maker Thanks this.
  5. Double R

Double R Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Like I said stuff happens EVERYBODY makes foolish mistakes. Getting another job isn't my concern, just asked a simple question. I'll be sure to wave when I blow down you company drivers doors, see yall down the road somewhere.

6. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee

How did you slip through the cracks so long?

Forget burger flipping too. I don't want "stuff" happening to my Big Mac.

You might think you are driving. You won't be behind the wheel for at least 7 years. Nobody will hire a driver with no regard for the law.

Mommas_money_maker, Meltom and Injun Thank this.
  7. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    FWIW, when I got the level 3 inspection last month in Arizona the officer noted that I was almost out of time. I told him I was going to shut down at the 4k truckstop in San Simon after I loaded at the chili plant there. While I could have "fudged" and made it to the TA in Wilcox, I decided to play it safe lest that DOT officer saw me running on 10 again.

8. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Hey genius, unless you have your own authority, you will be looking for a new job when the company your leased to finds out you violated an out of service order. You will be blowing my doors off in your four wheeler. Go get'em Billy Big rigger.

Injun Thanks this.
  9. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Sh-yeah! Gonna blow my doors off without a valid CDL. Like the Graybar, eh?

10. NSBGearjammer

NSBGearjammer Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    In what world did this seem like a good idea? EVER? Oh well, more freight for others! THAT'S IT! The OP is an independently wealthy "hobby trucker". He knew freight is slow around the holidays and was so BENEVOLENT, he intentionally fired himself to allow other, less fortunate truckers to pick up the extra freight! SO SELFLESS! Instead of bashing him, you guys should be thanking him!:biggrin_25514:

runningman0661 and Injun Thank this.
  11. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

I can't believe you would have that many who would take off after being put oos.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.