Pepsi Delivery Driver position

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by maj1975, Apr 4, 2020.

1. maj1975

maj1975 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2020
    I am 44 and just got my CDL, Retired Army. I have been offered a local Job as a Delivery Driver Position for Pepsi in the Atlanta area. Looking for input, advice about this position, there are MANY negative reviews? I am also interested in Schneider? Your thoughts?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Right now take anything. Get your time in and keep your nose/driving record clean. Then after this COVID-19 BS is over. Go somewhere better.

4. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Yeah lot of negative reviews because people didnt expect that carting 20000 pounds of drinks into stores everyday was going to be hard work
    Some of those reviews are probably forklift workers

Zonno Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You must have a hell of a spine for this work at that age.

Its going to hurt.

6. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Every truck driver complains about every job and will tell you how the job they had before was so much better than the one their working now.

Dsd work is really nice. You'll get great at backing up. Deliver that Pepsi and enjoy the great benefits

7. Scooter HBG

Scooter HBG Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Is it Pepsi or PFS (Pepsi Food Service)? or an Independent Drink Distributor? Union job? Many still are...Ever use a hand truck? Are you in EXCELLENT physical shape?
    I worked for PFS, delivering the food supplies for Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Hot 'N Now. Hauled a 53' trailer, parked on the stores lot and hand trucked 42000 lbs into 6, maybe 7 stores a run. Co. paid overnight in motel. Did 2 runs in 4 days, made great money and got a "free" total body work-out. Legs Arms, Upper Body....in a years time you'll be making the ladies swoon!
    But it was a rough job. For every 10/12 drivers hired, only 1 would still be there a year later.
    If its just delivering package Pepsi goods, you'll be in the grocery stores stocking shelves, responsible for rotating stock and you'll probably be starting out delivering to every Mom 'n Pop "Quickie-Mart" in a route area. You'll be running like a UPS delivery man non-stop. Or maybe you'll luck out and be hauling van loads to regional drink distributors. You never gave details as to what the job actually was. In general, good luck to you whatever you decide and hope it works out for you!

SoulScream84 Thanks this.
  8. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    I did the McLane thing in Denver for 7/11s. The work isnt what made me leave it was the customers, it's definitely a full body workout though.

9. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
  10. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.