PepsiCo Part Time Transport Driver

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by williams1987, Apr 29, 2019.

1. williams1987

williams1987 Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Just wondering if PepsiCo would hire part time drivers with no experience? He got his CDL own his own without school. Just wondering would they consider him. For transport driver not the side bay store delivery driver.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I just went threw the application process for transport driver for Pepsi Mojave, First you have to get past the BS Psyc questions, I did not make it. They want you to blow your own horn real loud, as to why you would make a better driver than the next guy. Not about qualifications, or ability. The guy they hired over me lives 25 miles farther away, been driving or a whole year and a half, limited to automatic's only, 26 years old.
    Vs I have 2 million plus miles, can drive any transmission combination live within 10 miles from the plant. can put a trailer any where it will physically go in either direction. Passed there pre hire drive test with a 98 percent, marked me down for crossing a unused r/r spur without stopping, I slowed down to a dead crawl so I could see it was safe, but there company policy say's all r/r tracks , stop before proceeding. So good luck with Pepsi.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    JOHNQPUBLIC and buddyd157 Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where does he live? Is he 21 yrs. old? Some beverage companies hire at 18, but most want 21.

5. williams1987

Feb 28, 2015
    Houston,TX. He is 25 years old.

6. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    28 in Houston TX, Could do Stevens, there big into frac sand, pneumatic tanker semi's.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Does it have to be "part time."
    Labatt Food Service hires drivers with only a cdl-a permit. It's local work.
    Labatt Food Service

8. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
  9. williams1987

Feb 28, 2015
    Yes part time. PepsiCo has opening for part time transport driver

10. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    I work for a part of PepsiCo. CDL-A with no experience would be a non-starter, how he got it isn't terribly relevant. We used to require 5+ years of experience and a clean MVR, not sure what it is now.

On the part-time front, we do occasionally hire part-time drivers, BUT because runs are handed out on a bid system, the only time the part-timers get work is if there are uncovered runs, and no other driver who didn't get a bid picks them off the extra-work list.

Mike2633 and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  11. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Pepsi around my area is union. Everything is based off of seniority. Transport driver is never listed as an open position because the side bay delivery guys get first dibs on transport. They do have seasonal positions, but it'll never end up as a permanent position though because again...bay delivery guys get first dibs. They also do hire inexperienced drivers to be trained as a bay delivery driver....but not for transport. I think I've seen part-time/casual/extraboard positions before to cover vacation and call outs for bay drivers...but I'm sure each barn have different rules as far as requirements and operation needs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.