Percent pay @ Landstar vs Schneider Choice

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by US MARINE, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsconsulting

rsconsulting Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

So essentially - a LS "Leased on O/O", drags THEIR BOXES and a BCO drags HIS OWN?

Or are they essentially the same thing, same contract - and just a "flashy name"?

Rick

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    That's 0.0165 cents per mile. At $1.65 a mile you would owe $165,000 for your plate.

rsconsulting Thanks this.
  4. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Yeah, we avoid coils as well. But we have been pulling military loads into an area that Mercer has good freight and they have been pushing to have us work with their dispatcher. One driver I spoke with says he gets better rates this way and another swears he gets better rates from the agent. Still not enough info to make knowledgeable decision . But what I have learned is unlike some of the other large companies, Mercer agents prefer to work with Mercer drivers.

What have you heard about the rate rebate program?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  5. BigBadBill

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Yeah, that is a little high unless you are based on CA.

6. Autocar

Autocar Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2012
    The Hot Rod Shop Oxford, AL
    Read my post again, I did state 1.65 CENTS per mile, which is $.0165, not $1.65.

7. BigBadBill

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Other than LS. And what exactly am I selling? I am making a fool of myself arguing with some who has no reasoning capability and a servant of KR. :banghead:

The 80% assumption. It is the number that BCOs need to believe in order to feel good about what they are doing when they are comparing money. Plenty of other reasons to lease to LS. And in another life I would consider it because they take care of their O/O's (but not pulling a van in current LS situation). What you can't grasp is how easy it is for a carrier to see what the LS gross is on a load. You see, not every LS BCO on this board has been sent over by KR to attack me. I have help many struggling BCO's get better rates and move toward success.

So that is a no.

Another no.

Not sure where I said that. If I did it must be a typo. We do about 30% (with one that does 100%)

So it is clear you have limited information. I pointed you to some excellent sources of data on your company that strips out all the marketing fluff. But because I know the volume of information that is out there I know you have not done any of that research. Because you would still be reading and asking a ton of questions. So you are sent over here on a mission to attack me armed with limited information based on over a decade of running as a lease operator. So at best you have academic information on having your own authority in todays environment.

I understand that I have people over there that don't like me. Doesn't matter. What you are doing is clear.

jjranch Thanks this.
  8. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    Same, same, no matter who's trailer we drag.

9. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    You seem to be getting quite obsessed with trying to discredit me, Bill, or your paranoia is showing. Which is it? Other then being a member for Rutherford's site, I have no affiliation with him. In fact he and his wife have asked me many times why I remain a member of his site as I call him on the carpet so often over dis-information he puts out, then refuses to correct.
    I have nothing to sell, however, I do try to make sure correct information is put out about subjects that I am knowledgeable on. Unlike your charges, I am not new, to this industry, nor to LS. Only to this forum. Since my entry into this industry, in 1979, and LS in 1997, I have strived to learn as much as I can, as it does effect my revenues and livelyhood. I do try to pass that info along to others, so they can avoid the same mistakes that I and others have made, over the years. Doesn't put a dime in my pocket, as I give that info freely and do not recruit, even for LS.
    On the other hand, you do have something to sell. A lease contract for any O/Os you can recruit into your company, to put 10% to 13% more revenue into your checking account.
    The 80% figure comes from multiple Agents, that I know personally, and have been doing business with for many years, plus a few in top management, that I have also known for many years. Appearently more years than you have been trucking, according to your own profile here.
    You certainly don't sell LS, since you seem to go into rants about abusive leases, shortly after LS is mentioned. It does make me wonder what abusive leases you are referring too? Could it be a lease that offers an artifically high percentage, then back charges it's O/Os for items the carrier is responsible for, such as public liability and cargo insurance? Thus inducing the O/Os to believe they are making more, then they actually are, until they put a calculator to it. You say you are against "abusive" leases. So am I and in my opinion, your's is one as it has non-optional deductions, to the carrier, after the Leasee/Lessor percentage split.

10. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    BTW, I have noticed for years that bashing LS and other major carriers has been a favorite sport of small carriers. It is amazing as to the amount of bad info they seem to come up with. Misinformation, distorted information and flat out lies do seem to be popular.
    It does make for quite humorous reading and cheap entertainment.

11. BigBadBill

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    What is comical is how I will repeatedly say how much I respect LS. But don't let facts get in the way of you trying to defend your lack of information.

Are the van rates at LS in the dumper? Yup. Something you would know if you talked to any volume of van drivers or read information from your company. That is not bashing the company. That is stating facts your company understands and is working hard to fix.

The misinformation is coming from you. And what is funny is that their is nothing to defend when if comes to LS. It is a world class company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.