perfect less height 53 foot refer trailer for my need

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by GOOD K, Dec 19, 2017.

1. GOOD K

GOOD K Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2017
    1 1/2 inch wall with16 inch support beams , 3 inch front panel with vent door [ standard is 4 ], 2 inch door with went door, complete exterior front panel and rear doors including the frame and bumper [ with build in step ] in 304 stainless door latches in stainless including hardware [ non magnetic stainless 304 or 316 or 3..] ,hinges utility grade aluminium fully coated with anti corrosion non reactive epoxy with 300 stainless bolts,
    roof would have 2 inch thickness and would be coated with ev protection [ like solar guard ] with 20 inch support beam ,
    under carriage would be 2 inch insulated all steel parts galvanized and all aluminum parts sprayed with anti corrosion epoxy,
    grocery anti skid floor with front and rear drain supplied with insulated [ food grade poly filled ] aluminium remotely activate [ external handle ] plugs !!! [ new to industry ],
    interior 360 degree fully foamed with bultex or similar FDA approved material with 24 inch corrugated aluminum scuff ,
    hendrickson wide track A/R suspension with air actuated release and minimum 20 F of traveling track,
    30 inch king pin ,
    101 INCH INTERIOR HEIGHT [that is my max need 5 inch shorter than mostly build standard ]
    minimum legal north america [ remember north america ] lights,
    the rest are basic disk brakes, air up tires , auto grease , aluminum rims ,etc
    CAN ANYONE BUILD IT ???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Colt6920

Colt6920 Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2017
    Why do you want the shorter trailer?

4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Ask a dealer. They will build pretty well whatever you want.

Disc brakes and auto grease? Auto grease what, the landing gear?

5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Might be like me and can't pull a standard box without being overheight. I'm 13'9" hooked to a van, and even if I swapped to LP22.5 tires, I'd still be 13'7". I'd have to buy a shorter 5th wheel, too...not to mention reprogramming the ECM and such for the altered wheel size.

If I were looking to buy a box trailer, it'd be easier to buy a shorter trailer than it would be to alter my truck to pull a standard one.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  6. 24valve puller

24valve puller Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2007
    N.E. Oh
    Not sure on the rest of the specs (dont have the sheet in front of me)but vanguard built mine the height that i wanted. Or at least to the height that the salesman told them to, guess thats why im 13'6.5. Made 2 calls and visited great dane and they acted like they didnt want to build me a trailer for me. Couldnt get anyone to call me back. Im sure about all of them will build what you want. And lije was mentioned earlier. The only grease fittings will be on the landing gear. Disk brakes have nothing to grease. I also have enough slider to get my spread to Comifornia length

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.