Permanent fixtures at truck stops

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Lonewolf2000, Apr 14, 2019.

Do you have time to be a permanent fixture at a truck stop

Poll closed Apr 21, 2019.
  1. Yes

18.2%
  2. No

81.8%
  1. Lonewolf2000

Lonewolf2000 Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2017
    New York
    Well guess what those other drivers have enough experience to work for whom ever they chose instead of the Megas. I however don’t but I have done my 1st year of otr I may jump ship soon or I may do another year not sure yet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonewolf2000

Nov 5, 2017
    New York
    Parking for multiple days at a truck stop in a free spot not reserved for any reason shows a lack of courtesy to others. It falls under the same category as dropping a trailer or leaving your truck at the pump and proceeding to go inside to do number 2. Show courtesy to your fellow truck drivers I try my best too.

4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Hey I parked at the island and went inside to do #2 this morning, I'd apologize but it was that or in the lot on my way inside. If you talk to the owner or manager and they're fine with it go ahead and park your truck there as long as you want it's nobody else's business.

5. Boondocker

Boondocker Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2010
    NE Pa
    I spend anywhere 3 to 4 thousand a month of my own cash on fuel at these truck stops and if I need to park a few days I will. That said I usually park out of the metro areas where to traffic in the stops that are lighter in traffic. There is usually paid spots open a lot of times, so spend some coin or points and get one, I do when need be. When you own the place then complain. Myself as a O/O I have no terminal except at my home. Go after the mega carrier guys that sit at the pump for their break or showers when there is parking are a problem. Too lazy to walk a few yards.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    No, they don’t have truck parking.

7. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Speaking of permanent fixtures at truck stops, imagine all of the parking spaces opened up in the Northeast, if they scrapped all the broken down trailers that are taking up space at TS and shippers/ receivers. I could never figure out why they hang on to the rusting hulks.

8. Lonewolf2000

Nov 5, 2017
    New York
    Well I thank you for parking away from major metros and if I were in your shoes I’d do the same. Also I work for a mega and I never tie up the pumps and I do go after those that do.

9. Lonewolf2000

Nov 5, 2017
    New York
    Also I don’t chase miles I chase money. When I start doing gas tanker which might be in the next couple months since my 1st year is complete or I might do a 2nd year of otr I’m working 6 days a week cause I want to have a very good check.

10. yes sometimes by choice..need a 34-hour break coming up or if you want to take 2 or 3 days off in a nice area don't want to go home so you end up in Portland Oregon to kick it at jubitz for a couple of days...some place that you just like or want to go see the nice thing about either being able to rent a car that have to pay for a motel or get an Uber like I do and go sightseeing.. when the urge comes up if you have time off of available

11. Texas Rebel

Texas Rebel Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Muleshoe,Texas
    Then you would griping about everybody needing to go to the bathroom at the same time.....oh wait, heck never mind.,,,,,you must be an absolute joy to be around.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.