Personal Conveyance for Company Drivers

Discussion in 'Swift' started by kakk86, Jul 3, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Bruces in Tulsa had a room that was marked with FFE, locked and a telephone and desk with chair inside of it. That's a company location terminal inside the truckstop.

You wont believe some of the conversations Ive had when there was a period of time we spent in there. It's almost as if it was being rented for very cheap per month so they can get oklahoma plates or something put on.

Another company kept a small worn out office trailer with a battered sign on the door. It was never open behind a 76 not far from Cap Garaudeu.

Ive learned to ignore these physical locations and so called assets of a company. Especially when they are not staffed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Counting backyard horses, cows, goats, stray dogs, cats and chickens, the population might be 450 including humans here. I like it that way. There hasn't been a major crime in eight years. (The Loves and Road Ranger are not in the "city" limits.)

4. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    My current solution is logged out. #### Swift. Counting the days...

5. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Another irrelevant post...

6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    He wasn't even close enough to be irrelevant, this time.

7. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I can also remember that when I was there, PC also depended on where your home terminal was. Mine was IGH, so according to them, if I dropped a trailer in Columbus and wanted to BT home, I could not PC, but if I was going to the T/A 2 miles from my home then I could PC. Remember also being told that when dropped a trailer at the yard in PHX, and was going to the hotel in Goodyear, they wanted me on the driving line. This was SWIFT's way, not DOT

8. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    If there was a discussion about the best dog breed for bird hunting his contribution would be, "Siamese cats are noisy when they're horny.".

MysticHZ Thanks this.
  9. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018

10. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    anyways while I am on the ffe subject worked there 3 years ago we had a little run in on the home terminal. .... I was told by a ohio dot since where I reported to every day to start my day is what the law considered my home terminal and that happened to be my driveway ffe told me my home terminal was Chicago a place that I haven't been in a year ... and since I reported to my driveway every day I was in titled to the 16 hr exemption the ohio dot agreed with me ffe said I wasn't because I didnt start my day in Chicago. ..... I quit anyways company was going down hill attitude wise when kllm bought them ..... about 5 months after I quit the kllm safety called me and said they haven't seen a log turned in by me in 5 months i told them to wait another 5 months and see what happens and hung up never heard back from them .... anyways you can't use pc miles for your deadhead or anything advancing towards your next load except for the new exception and that's when you get kicked out of a place and need to finish your break but then you are only allowed to go to the next safe place to park

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.