Personal conveyance

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lab work, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    So did you use PC to go to the Pilot at Wood River? Was that edited also?

PE_T Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    I used it both ways going to wood river and the only part that was changed was when I returned to pick up the load. Which is correct from what I can see. But I think it could have been handled differently without creating a inconvenience for the people involved with the scheduled relay for that load.

PE_T Thanks this.
  4. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I could be wrong, but when I'm running low on hours and I bring my rig home, (as I often do being intrastate) ... the trip home is PC. When I leave toward my yard after my 10 at home, I can NOT use that as PC on the flip side, even unladen; because even though I am not 'advancing a load' I am advancing TOWARD the load.

Sounds like this is how your company does it as well; perhaps you'll know for next time. Not being snarky.

Lab work and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Not to mention that is not anywhere even close to legal

x1Heavy, Farmerbob1, Lab work and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Lab work

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Today I received a message on the qualcom explaining the company guidelines concerning the use of PC. Strange coincidence? I was also curious why I can find nothing in here concerning this company. Indeed has plenty of reviews and it is obvious who wrote what. I personally prefer this because I am pleased to communicate with old school truck drivers. Always the best advice and no BS. Just a retired soldier trying to keep the wheels turning safe and legal. Because I have the pleasure of traveling in 15 different countries now I can be a tourist in this country.

x1Heavy, G13Tomcat and PE_T Thank this.
  7. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    This is why they edited your time. You can't use PC to advance a load. If you are under load and run out of hours, you have to drop the trailer to PC, then return to the trailer.

If you are under load on a multi-stop load and run out of hours, the shipper or receiver might let you leave a trailer onsite, even if they won't let your truck stay on site. Depends on the shipper/receiver.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    But you can not use PC to pick up a load.
    How do you not understand that?

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  9. flybynight12

flybynight12 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    slc
    G13Tomcat and PE_T Thank this.
  10. Lab work

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    I did this with a different company for several years and went through several DOT inspections. I just started with this company is why I never have this situation. But if one company can do this and another company can't than it gives that company a advantage. I am also informed I can not use pc to move the truck to and from the loading doc.
    So if two trucks are completely loaded at the loading doc and each driver has been setting for 9 hrs. The one that can use pc can move the vehicle under pc and drive after one hour. But if I move my vehicle I get HOS violation and I have to start my 10 hr. break again. Now the other driver has a 9 hr. head start (500 miles) to deliver the load. While I am still sitting at the shipper. Do you agree or disagree? Because being in business is a competition.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  11. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Risk vs Reward. Some people will take that risk to get rolling sooner and some won’t. Let’s say it’s a large company with hundreds of trucks...if they don’t keep a handle on PC use there’s a high chance it will come back and bite them on their butt. Whereas a smaller company can take that risk simply because their exposure to DOT enforcement is lower just based on having fewer trucks.

snowlauncher, Lab work and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.