Personal conveyance

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lab work, Jan 30, 2020.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    PC designation is 'often' delineated by the company itself. As I said, I can drive HOME after a long, pushing my 14 day via PC, but not to the yard. Gotta complete my 10 prior.

Re: PC for on private property, we have a line called 'Yard Move' on our squawk box. Do you not have that? Not just for our 'home' yard, but for shippers and receivers, as well.

Lab work Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

The rules have changed ever since the transition from AOBRD to ELD. With ELD, now we have yard move. So we are expected to use yard move whenever moving about the shipper, receiver, or company’s properties. Anyone using PC after logging on duty shipper/receiver is going to have to explain to an officer why he used it. By the way, you should be able to move your truck within 5 mph without logging it, unless somehow your company took this off.

Lab work and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  4. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    They have it in here as pc to closest available parking under the pc tab.

5. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Okay, correct. HOWEVER do you not have 'yard move' available?

Lab work and PE_T Thank this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    If you can't run your business and follow the laws governing said business you have no 'right' to ibe in that business.
    It's as simple as that. Ignore everyone else as they don't matter to how you run. Follow the laws that, in one form or another, have been around for 80 years or get a job that isn't so tightly regulated.

roshea and Lab work Thank this.
  7. Lab work

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    I tried this the other day and as soon as I moved the truck it put me on the drive line. I figure this is why everyone is driving slow at the t/s. But I think mine is very sensitive or set differently.

PE_T Thanks this.
  8. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I have a 9-speed truck. I can use the LOW gear or 1st gear, but in practice I cannot accelerate over 4 mph because it can switch me to driving. I’ve tried 2nd gear, and it will automatically switch me to driving. You may have to experiment on your truck a bit to see which gears work. Once you find the right gear, try accelerating very, very lightly.

Lab work Thanks this.
  9. Lab work

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    This company doesn't use yard move. During orientation it was explained that the only time we can use pc is if we are looking for a safe place to park. But I was stuck on the loading dock after 9 hrs. and had to move. Tyson had other trucks waiting and the parking was quite a distance away. So I had to use it to finish my 10.

G13Tomcat and PE_T Thank this.
  10. Lab work

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    I have a 9 speed also so is 4 mph the limit before it will change? Thanks PE_Trans

G13Tomcat and PE_T Thank this.
  11. Lab work

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    So I can imagine having a slow truck race in the parking lot and who ever is on the drive line first looses.

x1Heavy, PE_T and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.