Personal Database

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by snowwy, Sep 20, 2019.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Sounds like it, right?!?!? ;)

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I know right. That mother ####er knows everything!

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

They are asking questions from your credit report. For example, of the 4 addresses below pick the one that relates to you. Pick the bank where you had a car loan starting in 2012.

G13Tomcat, Lepton1 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  5. quatto

quatto Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The Bluest State
    ROFL ! I don't think you're that far off from the truth, bro.

G13Tomcat and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I had the same thing happen. Wondered where they got the question chosen, and correct answer. Not very secure, if it’s so available. WTF?

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    That's a very slim part of the equation.

It has no idea what cars I've owned. Most of which were cash. And I've yet to be asked which car was financed.
    It asks what cars. All asked have been cash.
    It asks employers. None are listed. Except for a new employment which recently was added. A company I worked for 6 months. 15 years ago. Why that got added to my credit is beyond me.
    It asks about your family.
    It asks about streets and numbers. None that have been listed. And the list that is. Is small.
    it asks about family employment.
    It even asks who my exwife is.

It asks a whole lot of personal questions. Way more then your credit will have.

Your dac has way more personal information then it should be having also. It's basically your whole entire library about you.

There's either a database that knows everything about you. Or it's using a combination of databases.
    Your credit, post office, dmv, dac, etc.

There's a library out there on us. And we have no idea who or what it is.

8. quatto

quatto Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The Bluest State
    Ever see the movie "Minority Report" where Tom Cruise walks by a futuristic GAP store in a mall and a red laser scans his eyeballs and asks him as he walks by, "How did you like those jeans Mr. Anderson?". That's where we're headed.

Face it, the concept of "privacy" doesn't exist anymore. All those apps you have on your phone--does the word "data miner" mean anything to you? It should. Always check out those "permissions" on your apps. And when you go to Taleo or Intelliapp to fill out that online application for a new job ask yourself why they need your SS number as a third-party entity.

Today I went to see an optometrist at one of those chain stores you see in strip malls. I was there to get a general checkup of my eyes just as a preventative measure. The stack of forms I was handed asked things about my family health history, my prior addresses, current medications, whether I had had heart disease, or emphysema, my vacciations, and required me to sign off on a national drug database search.

When I protested, "What does this have to do with an eye exam?" I was given the lame "It's just company policy." as an explanation. My answer was, "My policy is different. I don't reveal irrelevant personal information. " They refused me service and I left. </Rant>

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Oooh now that is a big boy league...

Im so happy I am not involved with that level. I have no worries in getting it, but thankful that I am NOT THAT important. Or better yet that stupid to go through that. This is not a disrespectful thought. When you hold a clearance you cannot say anything and always say no. Unfortunately in life there are stories to be told and thats why I don't bother with those cloak and dagger stuff.

One thing to be sure, it is not difficult for people with the right access for the right reasons to get a pile of papers a inch on you and your life. There was a company in Little Rock that holds all documents and information on all Americans living and dead dating back to the day we were founded. They moved to MN, but trade in that information selling to those who have demonstrated money and need of it. You wont believe whats in those files. If you already know your skeletons in the closet yourself then thats quite plenty.

G13Tomcat and Intothesunset Thank this.
  10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    You answered your own question. Equifax is getting it from Equifax and they get it from anyplace you've ever had credit with.
    The 3 credit reporters (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) keep their own data that they get from various sources but mostly stuff you did. Banks, credit, writing check (check processor specifically), and places like that. Basically anytime you spend money that's not cash (and sometimes even then when it's tied to an account number) it's tracked.

G13Tomcat, Intothesunset and tscottme Thank this.
  11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Someone maybe phishing or spear-phishing you. I think those are the terms either by clicking on a web or email link you drop into some sort of personal info gathering operation that they intend to use usually for criminal financial matter, like opening credit accounts in your name.

None of the items you mentioned in reply to my suggestion about the credit report are nothing like anything I've ever been asked by anyone for any purpose. I don't know if you are misunderstanding something, if I'm misunderstanding what you are posting, or someone near you or on the internet is trying to get a lot of personal info to scam you later.

If what you describe is happening like you type it's not a widespread thing most people are seeing. Yes, businesses are trying o get as much info on all of us as we give them. Are you using Facebook? A lot of shady stuff begins on Facebook and some people unintentionally post a lot of personal info through Facebook. Maybe some crook or someone connected to you is trying to grab the right info to do something against you later.

I don't know if this applies to you are not. But I had a relative that just could not ignore spam or junkmail. Instead of just throwing it away without reading it that relative thought it wouldn't have been in his/her mail unless it was specifically sent to him. And if it was sent to him he must seriously consider whatever they are selling and that is probably a good deal.

How are you coming across these weird questions? Are they being emailed or texted to you. Are they showing up in your mail, are they coming to you as if from some business, etc?

G13Tomcat and Intothesunset Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.