Personal road story odd things.

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Oldironfan, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    I hit a dove 3 wks ago and it it was hanging by its neck in between my cb coax and the mirror mount. Rode like that for bout 4 miles lol.

Grubby, Oldironfan and homeskillet Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    So, you hung a dove thats sad. Maybe that is why doves cry.

Grubby and homeskillet Thank this.
  4. Grubby

Grubby Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Fostoria Ohio
    Dont let the Left read this! I can see the headlines now! Dirty Ol Truckers Cause Massive Bird Deaths Each And Every Day, Ban Trucks! :D

5. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Just today driving on the back roads. Seen what look like few dirt spots i. The road. As i got closer they was squished little ducklings. But one was still alive and ran out infront of me to see whay happend to its siblings. He joined them.

Grubby Thanks this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Too many to list.

UturnGirl, G13Tomcat and Grubby Thank this.
  7. Troy_

Troy_ Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Roma, Alberta.
    one blustery cold February day I was on a deserted snow packed secondary highway doing 65mph when I noticed what looked like a small crumpled up paper bag rolling down the highway. I lined up to straddle it and at the last second I saw it was a tiny little puppy running down the middle of my lane. my heart sank as I straddled him and hoped for the best...to my disbelief, the little guy made it under my truck and tri axle lowbed unscathed. I stopped as fast as I could, jumped out and this wee little puppy came running up to me. there were no residences within miles, I have no idea where he could have possibly come from other than some heartless SOB dumping him in the middle of nowhere Alberta. I picked him up and brought him home. my kids called him Highway, and he lived with us for 14 years until he passed away peacefully.

8. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Not a road thing, but a couple turkey vultures were fighting on my back porch and wife calls and says WHAT DO I DO???????? I told her take pix, but when she walked out on the deck, one of 'em was gonna follow her in. SHE SCREAMED for our son....but by the time his lazy arsk showed up they were flying away.. they even put chicken bones down to try to get 'em back for pix, but the dang neighbor's cats showed up.. My son has pix of flight, however. Soon as wife (or kids) help, I'll post pix. I've been dang lucky so far this year...I believe they DON'T LIKE the smell of asphalt, hahahahah~! (<< really.... truly, madly, deeply.. ) Think it keeps me 'safe' TO A DEGREE.. (of 350?) .. ;)

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I had a pizza box fly up on my windshield one time in Phoenix City Alabama. Was going slow enough to reach out and pull it off. LOL

Intothesunset, UturnGirl and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  10. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    How am I NOT so lucky?~?~? :(

ps: about ten plus years ago, a dude threw an empty box of Popeye's chicken behind him, hit me front and center. Nothing but bones. Dang stingy arsk~!

Intothesunset and Oldironfan Thank this.
  11. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    tenor.gif

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.