Personal Vehicle at Truckstop

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by 4wayflashers, May 23, 2020.

1. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    If you left company equipment unattended in an unsecured area, empty, loaded or whatever was cause for immediate dismissal with most of the companies I have been leased to. Drivers did it, got away with it, doesn't make it a prudent move.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Stopped in and talked with the manager this morning. She said there hasnt been an issue in the 12 years shes been there. Can leave my car in the car parking behind the shop or furthest row by restaurant. Like I mentioned in the original post, this Petro literally never fills up and has over 100 spots for cars.

I'd like to thank the men who contributed to help a fellow driver with an increasingly difficult situation.

To all the thieving yet holier than thou drama queens attacking a fellow driver like a bunch of sophomore schoolgirls, I feel sorry for you and will pray for each of you.

lsnook24, sirhwy and kylefitzy Thank this.
  4. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Yep... another case of guy asks advice but doesn't like the advice that he gets so he effectively tells all the advice givers to f-off.

We see it all the time on this forum.

Well good luck with your parking situation.

TankerP, tommymonza, striker and 5 others Thank this.
  5. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    15 miles?

Why risk leaving your vehicle in a public place when you can just call a family member, Uber, Lyft, or even an old school taxi to drive you 15 miles?

TokyoJoe, tommymonza and striker Thank this.
  6. TruckChicken

TruckChicken Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2018
    I hate the smell of parking lot urine. But will keep your suggestion in my back pocket just in case.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  7. TruckChicken

TruckChicken Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2018
    I can’t stand the guys who park at rest areas for home time. The one on 95 in Maryland just outside of DC is always full. If you aren’t in there by 11am you aren’t parking.

Farmerbob1, MACK E-6 and Kyle G. Thank this.
  8. Studebaker Hawk

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    He mentions the location is a Petro. I wonder how many reserved spaces they have that cost drivers $'s

magoo68 and Kyle G. Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That place is terrible.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  10. Studebaker Hawk

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    If you want one that is over the top abused, try the Vince Lombardi Service Plaza on the NJ Tpk. Probably 60% of the trucks there over the weekend or weeknight are unattended. They go through and tow a bunch every now and again, they come right back.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  11. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Nothing wrong with it imo if the truck stop is big enough.. Ta in tonopah az the walgreens guys park there everyday and park their car on the car side. Commute to and fro each day

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.