Peterbilt 389 Shakes So Bad It Will Take Your Virginity.

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by newdriver2, Aug 5, 2019.

1. newdriver2

newdriver2 Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2017
    Alright, So if you are here...you are curious. Yeah, I said it. Over the past few months I have developed a shake that has turned into an earth quake...

I have had multiple mechanics and shops go thru my truck, spent thousands into trying to find the source of this vibration.

vibration starts @ 48mph and gets really bad at 58 and smooths out after 65 BUT it is still there.

things that I have had checked: steering checked, front axels checked, king pins checked, rims checked, balanced tires, new rims installed, drive axels checked, pinions checked, u joints checked, pittman arm replaced/checked, transmission mounts checked, engine mounts checked (mounts), cab mounts replaced, shocks checked, vibration is in gear and out of gear, bobtail AND with a trailer, virginity checked, replaced leveling valve, and bank account checked and I still didnt over draft....but I am coming to a dead end here...

anyone ever had a similar issue? anything that you post can help, yes you. go ahead....post it...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newdriver2

Sep 14, 2017
  4. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Did you try different trailer or bobtailing?

newdriver2 Thanks this.
  5. newdriver2

Sep 14, 2017
    buddy in my country, is same.

Same ####, I've done both my friend.

6. newdriver2

Sep 14, 2017
    Only things I have not done, swap tires out completely... I have had people follow me to see if they see tire hop but it was not there...

and I have checked my carrier bearing but have not replaced it... idk what else it could be. I've had this truck for years and never had an issue...

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  7. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Cheap gopro camera with case from wallyworld, four strong round magnets from home depo, quick steel putty will help to restore your virginity. Attach magnets to the camera case with epoxy putty. Place the camera on the frame facing drives, drive line, carrier bearing. Do the same on the front if rear is OK.

8. crookedTRanspo

crookedTRanspo Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2019
    did you try adjusting your seat? sometimes when i ride at the max psi setting for the seat i feel as vulnerable to vibrations as you buddy...

9. crookedTRanspo

crookedTRanspo Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2019
    however, on a more honest note. have you checked wheel bearings or hubs? in very rare instances, ive seen them create a wheel hop that transfers almost throughout the cab...

Rounded_nut Thanks this.
  10. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    I was hoping you were going to say it was brand new, I know they used to have serious issues with drive shafts and such brand new, but I'm guessing you went all through those already.

11. Ridlingdj

Ridlingdj Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Just a stupid idea pull your steers off if coming from the front and roll them see if they are still round I have had belting come loose inside a pickup tire before and felt like the truck was in the middle of a earthquake or coming apart

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.