Peterbuild 337 Exh gas pressure above Max. ?

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by habfleet, Nov 1, 2019.

1. habfleet

habfleet Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2012
    elwood nj
    I have a 2016 337 with a PX-9 eng. Truck keeps throwing eng. code 3382 . I have replaced the Dif. prs. sensor , Removed EGR valve cleaned and inspected.,removed Exh. pressure tube and cleaned.Insite indicates EGR Cooler 100% efficiency . Ran the DPF regen. Analyzer test indicates "Exh. Gas Pressure Above Max." During Regen the Barometric psi 30 and gas pressure sensor 135. Is the EGR pressure sensor bad ? Ran a second test and came back "All Parameters within Spec" I have had this truck back twice already I don't want to return it and it fails again . Any ideas ? Thanks in advance .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Sounds like your engine likes to run.

You would want to hold on to that one. Usually it's the opposite with emissions problems. All sooty and anemic.

4. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    You have to clean the differential pressure ports. Remove egr valve and look for 2 ports, 1 in each chamber. They will have the diameter of a coat hanger. sharpen end of coat hanger and with some force shove it through the ports until you can see end of hanger. It takes some time so don't give up. Very, very common issue.

spsauerland, habfleet and magoo68 Thank this.
  5. habfleet

habfleet Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2012
    elwood nj
    Yes I did that already and replaced the sensor

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.