Petro Dodge City, Al

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by navypoppop, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    And that one SO pissed me off...prior to last weekend I only ever fueled there and maybe did a 30 or two. I like the Skol Tavern restaurant a lot as well as the variety of trinkets. But after having pulled a 34 there this past weekend, and realizing how little they have in there for truckers to relax and chill (they do have a theater and separate TV room, but that's it and it's tucked all the way down and around the corner at the end of the hall leading to the showers), suffice it to say I'll keep my visits to fueling and/or 30s and 10s.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Last time I was at Kingdom City, they had prime rib and crab. Needless to say, that was my best experience at Petro... three trips of nuthin but crab. The rest of the stuff was taken care of as well. Might've been because it was a Friday.

Two others off the top of my head that are decent are the Eloy and Laramie Petros... especially for breakfast.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. Knucklehead

Jan 21, 2006
    I like Albert Lea. Fargo's restaurant is for crap. I'll get Charlie's Cheesesteak there.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. Knucklehead

Jan 21, 2006
    Mitchell, SD has a Marlin's. Very nice Sunday brunch.

6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Drivers habits changed about 10 yrs ago, Suddenly, the restaurants were usually empty, the few Drivers left, mostly just drinking coffee, killing time. I’ve noticed many that are closing early, Everyones sleeping at night. Im so tired of seeing Subways, Hunts pizza, and all the others. Seems the good places are gone, not enough bussiness to justify the costs. Franchise business is much easier, making a % of whatever they sell. Too Bad

Knucklehead Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.