Pfg Richmond. The worst of pfg

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by iceman32, Oct 5, 2018.

1. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    BCC2A162-41C3-4CC1-99D7-76353048D41D.jpeg 9F0B7303-C31A-461E-9820-68360A2E338E.jpeg The very definition of a revolving door. A churn-hole. I stopped going to this place a long time ago. I have a friend that I know all the way back from my hs years, that works here. He says there’s at least 2 backing accidents every week.

Very tight dock, made for day cabs. In one of my screenshots. The highlighted red needs to be *****ng demolished.

The worst thing about this place is the hold up. You can expect to be doing your 10 hour break here just to deliver half a trailer.

I’ve dug up more information as to what’s wrong with this place via my friend who works here. The lumper guys are fast. The receiver is what’s causing the hold up. Why? There’s this 1 entitled idiot that walks around with his computer putting stickers on boxes. Not only does he take his time putting the stickers, he is manually entering the serial numbers on the computer. For some reason, he turns in all the paperwork when he’s finished. I don’t know why he doesn’t just tell one of the lumper guys to go give the paperwork to the driver.

Union lumper party has 50 people. Communist receiver party has 1 employee working the dock. There you go folks, stay away from this place.

Oldironfan and DSK333 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Mighty nice of them to carefully place though boulders so you can't jump the curb for more angling space to dock. The message is clear here what they think about trucks delivering there.

Oldironfan and iceman32 Thank this.
  4. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    That s not as bad as Dean Foods in Richmond. They re painfully slow to load, and nowhere to park and check in. Plus, you have to blindside and got a gate and a fence to avoid hitting

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  5. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Well I in general do not like PFG.
    There is docks just like this at PFG in Victoria, TX but I think it has more docks.
    Screenshot_20181015-075002_Maps.jpg Screenshot_20181015-074809_Maps.jpg And just as goofy built for straight trucks back in 1962 no doubt.
    But images seems like they changed a few things since I was last there.

6. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Was recently there. Wouldn't be so bad if they required drivers to drop the trailer and get out of the way till unloaded. Which is what I did to make it easier for the next guy to back in.

Sometimes a place only sucks because the drivers make it suck.

7. just_sayin

just_sayin Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Bristol baby
    Last time I went to Gainesville Florida, if you unloaded on the back side you had to drop your trailer. Their facility in Rock Hill South Carolina, it's also a backing nightmare. Nevermind the half-mile back up in the street waiting to get through the gate.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.