Pfizer, Merck start testing COVID prevention pills in late-stage trials

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by drvrtech77, Sep 3, 2021.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Drugmakers Pfizer and Merck have begun late-stage trials to test antiviral drugs against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, the companies reported Wednesday.

The drugs, each given orally as a pill, would provide an unprecedented COVID-19 preventive medication option if brought to market.

Merck’s drug, molnupiravir, developed in collaboration with Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, will be given to study participants aged 18 and older who reside in the same household as someone with an early, laboratory-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection with at least one sign or symptom. The approximately 1,332 participants will be randomized to receive either 800 mg of molnupiravir or placebo orally every 12 hours for five days.

Pfizer, Merck start testing COVID prevention pills in late-stage trials

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Is this the next maintenance drug that will take in more profits than anything they’ve ever developed? People will be tripping over themselves for this pill.

Magoo1968, skellr, OldeSkool and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Lucky12

Lucky12 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I believe it will also be available as a suppository.

5. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Wonder if they will be given a free pass like they were with the shots? Or will they actually have to jump through the hoops they normally have to?

My prediction, the drug will show promise, it will be fast tracked for approval by the FDA. The manufacturer will get another free pass. And your insurance rates will go up as the majority of the population rushes to get the script. People will be snorting them to get it into the bloodstream quicker.

6. Lucky12

Lucky12 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2019
    In short, we're doomed!

7. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I can see the directions now:

"Head must be removed from rectum before inserting pill."

8. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Good luck removing some of those heads. They’ve been up there so long the skin has probably bonded to become one lol

9. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    The way I read it. TheIr hoping the drugs can be taken to stop the virus from replicating itself. If that’s true, wouldn’t that be good for anyone that actually gets Covid, keeping it from becoming serious? Wouldn’t that be a good thing? A Drug that actually works. Right now, if someone gets Covid, if they’re Lucky. they throw a bunch of drugs at it, that have minimal effect. Some claim a combination of these drugs helped them. Wouldn’t these pills just be another treatment in the Arsenal? A good one, at that, if it works? Especially for those that are Leary of getting the Vaccine, for whatever reason, if they do end up catching Covid.

10. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    If that’s what actually happens, yes. Absolutely. But who’s going to believe them at this point? I’m sure not. Even with trials. I don’t believe my own mother at this point. Lies and deceit have boiled over the past few years and I’m sick of it all.

11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    For a flu bug? The one big fact that many folks are Lost on is the fact that this so-called deadly virus has a 99% survival rate…

DOGSLIFE, homeskillet, Rocks and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.