Phantom PSP violation and inspection......

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by sprizo, Apr 12, 2016.

1. sprizo

sprizo Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Las Vegas
    Ok, back in November 2015, I was crossing a bridge on the Mobile AL haz-mat by-pass. Lost track of my speed on the way up, and on the way down. Trooper lit me up going 55 in a 45 on the way up, and 60 in a 45 on the way down. I'm in a tanker hauling fuel. Anyway, he pulls me over. He decides to do a inspection and gets me for improper securement of a spill bucket, everything else is ok. I know I'm really screwed. I don't even know if he can write me up for two speeding tickets. So I'm sitting in his cruiser and he's giving me the full court press lecture. He's even asking me questions right out of the DMV handbook. Got one wrong. I'm telling him I haven't had a ticket in over 7 years, just pleading for mercy, knowing for sure I will get fired. I thought for sure this trooper was going to throw the book at me. Much to my surprise........he writes me up for the equipment violation, and gives me a written warning on one of the speeding violations. Unfortunately its the 15 over. Cant even fight it. Anyway, I thank him for the break. I send in the paperwork to my company. They surprisingly didn't bat an eye, and I'm back to work the next day. Now here's the thing. Don't know if this matters, but I got pulled over in Alabama, and my license is in Florida. This happened the end of November. I checked my PSP twice on the FMCSA website just recently and the inspection, warning, and violation are nowhere to be found. The thing is, the inspection, warning and violation shows up under the carrier information. I cant figure it out. Can anyone give me an explanation for the missing data? I know I'm a bonehead for speeding with a placarded unit, but I'd appreciate your thoughts on the PSP information. Thanks guys.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    If it's not on your own PSP. Then don't ask. Don't sweat. Just be thankful. And not press the issue.

sprizo Thanks this.
  4. bigmotor1212

bigmotor1212 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    I didn't think written warnings meant anything. It's what they document in the inspection and citations that go on your record. Am I wrong about this? I've never had a warning show up.

5. tsavory

tsavory Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Paoli, IN
    Have you ordered you PSP report or just the MVR. All written warnings go on your PSP report that's the one the one that contains your Commercial Driveing record speeding and such go to you MVR which is the license itself.

bigmotor1212 Thanks this.
  6. bigmotor1212

Dec 20, 2014
    Thanks for the info. I didn't realize warnings from locals would go on there. I haven't had a ticket or warning since the CSA thing started, so I should be good.

7. tsavory

tsavory Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Paoli, IN
    Well a local cop not filling out the cmv inspection forms probably won't be on the PSP either. But if the Inspection report is filled out and show warnings those will be.

8. bigmotor1212

Dec 20, 2014
    I just read the original post, it had been a few days. It was a trooper that stopped him, I was thinking it was a city cop. My bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.