Phase 2 trainers who are company drivers

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Dewey120, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Ric Rabbit

Ric Rabbit Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Atlanta metro area GA
    Dewey, better to rough shod over a company truck than yours? Read one of your posts where LO are also being replaced by company on more & more dedicated runs ? Could it be the "perils of leasing" is having it's toll, starting to really sink in?

If ya ever in need of a good co-driver I'll be in TX for 10 days starting Nov 5th class.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sdlm

sdlm Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Yeah, I have to say if this is true, what is the point in phase 2? Also how would the pay work?

But, Dewey has reason to be concerned ever since I got there the company has been doing more for us company people and less for the lease people, at least on the dedicated side of things.

Cre would sell out lease drivers for the bottom line any day of the week they are hardly a good faith business partner.

Dewey120 Thanks this.
  4. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Seems CRE is increasing the number of company drivers it has plus those company drivers are better paid then L/O and even some O/O's. I was told all these recent changes are because of that class action lawsuit of how IC's are not true IC's in dedicated routes because they cannot pick their freight but that's the norm even for OTR fleets.

I just get frustrated when I hear that company drivers are making more than IC's and England acts like being an IC is where the money is at.

5. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    They sent out a qcom message about this a week or so ago. As soon as you finish phase 2 you can be a phase 2 trainer.
    Also everything seems to be going toward company drivers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.