Phoenix 06/09

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Gatordude, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I'm thinking more than the NTSB's spidey senses are tingling with this current anti trucking bill descends through the poop chute of Congress.

Bud A. and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Trucks are dangerous. Most truck drivers are maniacs as well.

4. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    The article hints that they are looking for reasons to make electronic "safety" devices mandatory. The new Crete trucks have a radar on the blind side that works overtime to annoy the driver, according to one poor guy I talked to who was forced into one.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  5. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    You stated half the truth. You should have expounded on the fact that "truck drivers are maniacs" . We need to look into the reason why this is true. I take myself and do a self-examination. 58 years ago when I got into transportation, I was "happy go lucky" sort of a person, ask me and I would do you a favor in a second, very trustworthy, never actually been "screwed" or "lied to" per say. Then I got into trucking, needless to say, my demeanor started to change. After constantly being "screwed without Vaseline" constantly lied to, having to go over my pay to see where the company stole from me, I became what you labeled as a "maniac". Today, over 58 years of this, I PRIDE myself in rejecting any form of being a "working lady" for a trucking company. I am a crazy ### old man!!!! I could cite incidents after incidents, as most drivers could, where an employer kept "pushing, pushing and pushing" and the employee was "pushed over the edge". At one time, I "stood my ground" but today, I just "walk", it isn't worth the fight.

Most of the problems originate in "mid-management" in the department of operation. Dispatchers, load planners, drivers manager or any type of supervisor that has a little authority and this authority has gone to their head. Boom, you got problems.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.