Picky Q's about Marten Details

Discussion in 'Marten' started by Saienga, Jul 28, 2009.

1. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    And a brownnoser if i have seen one.:biggrin_25513::biggrin_25513:
    Your comments are going to piss off alot of regional and even some otr drivers.
    Personal relationship with your dispatcher? Hmmm
    And parking your truck at Kmart? how far from Ontario do you live. All trucks are suppose to be parked at the Ontraio Yard if you live less than 75 miles. Look it up in the employee manual.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. giants14701

giants14701 Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Jamestown,ny
    Sound like two taco makers to me

4. swestdawg

swestdawg Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Tucson Az
    I been driving for the same company for 8years, due to family and health insurance I am considering Marten. I am a O/O with Crst, and all in all they been decent to me. Just my family situation has changed, I see about a 50/50 opinion about the company. It is my considered opinion, if you display a hard work ethic, and don't act like a crybaby you will get treated with respect. I believe that goes for whatever outfit one drives for.
    I seen many posts here where folks had issues no matter who they drove for, which told me the story.
    All I am asking is for any marten drivers to give me an honest overview.

5. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    work ethic and anti-crybaby do count. Managing your HOS counts too. BUT, to a certain extent, being a good worker won't get you a free pass on irritating know-it-all (who really know nothing) night and weekend dispatchers, sloooow maintenance mechanics, or the fact that most of our freight is under 700 miles.

If you want to come here, work hard, and get 1500 mile runs because of it, it won't happen. If you want to come here, work hard, and rack up 2500 miles a week in mid-length loads, that might happen.

It all depends on your personal experience, really.

I started this thread a year and a half ago, came to Marten, felt my way around, had some good times, some bad times, and now I'm doing okay.
    I run Upper Midwest Regional, I'm home every other weekend, and I get some $900 checks, and some $400 checks, and everything in between. I work well with my dispatcher, and that makes all the difference in my mind. If I was getting identical money but couldn't work with weekday dispatch, I'd be long gone.

You'll have to get an O/O to speak to that side of things, I'm company.

PS- I like my truck, too, so that's a plus. '10 Peterbilt 387 with a 9 speed, Cummins ISX, & TK APU.

6. swestdawg

swestdawg Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Tucson Az
    Saienga Thanks for the response. I am going to give up on the o/o side of life. I just want a nice company gig

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted