Pigeon Freight Services, Lansing Illinois

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Irish Tweet, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Irish Tweet

Irish Tweet Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2021
    This company is flat out awful! They have no dedicated accounts, all of their loads come straight from a load board. They rarely paid detention even if you sat at a shipper or receiver for 6 to 10 hours. When hauling heavy equipment they would give you a load where each skid steer had four different delivery sites 200 to 300 miles apart from each delivery. No added stop pay.

PC is strictly prohibited. I don't care if your empty and your 50 miles away from home to do your home time.. if you run out of service hours they will make you stop at a truck stop to take your 10-hour break.

My dispatcher was incompetent, terrible route planner, condescending, and extremely disrespectful. Literally, this man will call you sweetie and tell you that you complain too much. He would book me loads to where I had to make deliveries to construction sites with absolutely no contact information with a broker or construction site managers. I literally drove 1700 miles to a construction site where the construction company was on a different job site 300 miles away. I had to sit at the receiver for three and a half days before I can get unloaded.

Everyday was straight up arguing and raising hell with dispatch. I asked the dispatch manager to please get me a different dispatcher and he said it's against their company policy. In other words, to them... the driver is nothing more than a slave and he needs to keep his mouth shut and go to work. I finally put in my two week notice before Christmas. I told them that I was not going to return the equipment and for them to send out a recovery agency to pick up the truck and trailer. They begged and begged me to pick up a load and that they would pay percentage instead of the standard 70 cents per mile rate. I finally agreed to. I get loaded, go to the receiver and the receiver refuse the load claiming that it wasn't theirs. I stayed at the receiver for 4 hours trying to convince them to get the load they still refused. Dispatch manager finally told me to just bring the truck and trailer with the load back to their yard in Lansing. He confirmed with me that I would still get paid for the load that they would just get someone else to deliver it after New years. They also promised me that they would pay for a flight after returning the equipment. They never ordered a flight and they didn't pay me my last paycheck of last week and I'm pretty sure I won't receive my $2,000 in escrow.

I've tried to work for several companies out of Chicago as a 1099 subcontractor not lease purchase. My experience with serbians macedonians ukrainians and Russians have not went over well. But out of the four chicago-based company I've worked for, this is hands down the worst!

Also, it's pretty obvious their CSA scores are high because when I got hired on a couple months ago they were being audited. just about every weigh station I had to pull in. At the yard in Lansing they have several trucks that are smashed in from coil rollovers obvious they hired drivers without good flatbed experience hopefully those drivers didn't lose their life.

Also, the owner is very young... 32 years old to be exact and for what I've heard he's nothing more than a puppet for the company. there are numerous investors from Eastern Europe more than likely gypsies.

Attached Files:

bryan21384 and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    I’d not work for a company called pigeon.
    Never knew the nickname for a pigeon?
    Pigeon; a person who is easily fooled or cheated; duped

4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Heck,we just call them “Rats with wings!!”;)

5. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Very simple way to prevent problems in the future... go to the IL Secretary of State website and perform a search for the business under its name. You will simply find out the owner's name is SERGIU TINTIUC and that this is a re-naming of a former company, ADMIRAL INC.

Chameleon, much?

kuzima93, JoeyJunk and ducnut Thank this.
  6. SmoothBore

SmoothBore Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2011
    The Desert
    I’d love to hear your experiences of the other 1099 companies you worked for? I’m a sucker for a good Chicago company read!

kuzima93, bryan21384, JoeyJunk and 2 others Thank this.
  7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Well, running PC in that instance is illegal to do so following the law is actually a good thing, even if it's annoying at times.
    Now everything else, I'm not going to comment on as I have no opinion, or even knowledge of.

JoeyJunk and ducnut Thank this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Flying rats!

OP, Chicago strikes again! Escrow would have beed a huge red flag for me. Good luck with whatever life throws at you.

stevep1977, Capacity, mjd4277 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Irish Tweet

Feb 13, 2021
    Actually you're wrong. if you run out of service hours and your not advancing a load you most certainly can use PC to get home. I work for Dana Logistics and those guys are super strict with hos rules and even them allowed personal conveyance

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI

Please show me where I'm wrong.
    The guidance specifically notes from the terminal to a residence. It specifically disallows from a receiver to home as that's a continuation of the trip.
    I'll quote it later as I'm on my phone right now.

ducnut Thanks this.
  11. Irish Tweet

Feb 13, 2021
    You have the right to use PC when you are not advancing a load or trying to get a load. Whether it be going to a restaurant a truck stop or getting your truck serviced as long as you're not performing company work duties you can use PC if that's the case what you're claiming then you wouldn't qualify for PC at all unless just going to the grocery store or to a restaurant when you're out on the road

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.