Piggyback Transport in Europe?

Discussion in 'European/Other Countries Truckers Forum' started by Ferrous, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Ferrous

Ferrous Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2016
    I want to find out how European truck manufacturers transport their new trucks to the dealers. Do they "piggyback" the trucks like the do in the US?
    Does anyone have some names of who these transport companies are in Europe? tn_IMG_0464.JPG

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dutchieinquebec

dutchieinquebec Road Train Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Granby.QC
  4. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    De Rooy(is the biggest truck hauler in the EU)
    Gartner

5. Ferrous

Ferrous Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Dutchie and DAF105, thanks for the information. Good to know.
    I had been wondering if they pull axles, but no need with their system.
    tn_IMG_0468.JPG

6. bavarian

bavarian Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    No there is no mating season for trucks in Europe.

Some are shipped on trailers, some are transferred through agencies and driven on their own wheels.

Some trucks get picked up by the customers/drivers at the factory. I picked up my brand new truck at Mercedes in Woerth. Spent the night in a hotel, got transferred to the plant with a coach. A few hours of introduction in classroom with supplied snacks and lunch. After lunch, the driver could pick up the truck or stay for a tour through the assembly line. I choose to leave since it was about a seven hour drive home. My boss did stay for the plant tour.
    After a short visit at the dealer the next morning, the truck was set up and ready to hit the road by noon.

MAN in Munich allowed the customers/drivers to pick their units up, whereas IVECO had them shipped through agents only.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.