Pileup crash involving multiple semi trucks claims one life I-80 in Pa.

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by lovesthedrive, Jun 19, 2019.

1. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    So the guy who died was driving that red municipalty garbage truck?

Holy cow- My eyes fooling me or did a Semi box truck rear end a pneumatic?? Looked like nothing left of anyrthing

4. COBB2070

COBB2070 Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2018
    SoCal...The OC
    I think there were 2 accidents in opposing directions at the same time according to this statement...

"According to Trooper Brian Watkins, of the Milton barracks of the Pennsylvania State Police, one tractor-trailer had stopped for an unrelated accident westbound on the interstate just prior to the 213 mile marker, another tractor-trailer jackknifed as it approached the accident and blocked both lanes of travel behind it and McCormick’s truck slammed into both vehicles causing disabling damage to all of them. Another vehicle hit the back of the jackknifed trailer forcing it to sideswipe a fifth vehicle, Watkins said."

Sounds like the fatal came up on one too fast to stop before hitting the jack-knife truck that had stopped for one of them....

UPDATE: Berwick man killed in Interstate 80 crash involving tractor-trailers, garbage truck

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That is a bulk tanker in the picture, look at the tandems on the pavement and you will see the product pipe that goes to a flexible hose for a Silo.

However this accident is severe enough that there is no real way to recognize what anything was prior. Excepting that pipe that all bulk tankers have between the tandem to off load product.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. like maybe we'll start a pool people can buy a square like a football pool.. we'll pick 7 each week 7 days.. where do you think the next truck accidents going to happen? because it happens all the time anywhere anymore since 2010.
    that we'll see who the lucky one is that has two squares when it's announced where the next truck wreck is cuz probably one happening right now somewhere in North America as I type this..SMH

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.