Pilot, Exit 63 I-85 South Carolina

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Timin770, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Dude was getting ready to pull out of the fuel island but he had not pulled in perfectly straight. If you've ever stopped at that Pilot you may remember how awkward the lot is laid out. Looks like a truck stop was built there by accident. In any event it was clear his driver-side trailer wheels were going to hit the protective yellow post. I thought for sure he was going to back up and get straight so I backed way the hell up for him. I was wrong and he started pulling forward and all I could think to yell on the radio was STOP STOP STOP!!!

I guess he didnt have his ears on because he destroyed the post and busted at least one tire

Either that or my AT-6666 was not getting out lol

I'll post a pic when I get a sec

(Title is supposed to say 'South Carolina')

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    tucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I was in a service plaza in oort hope ontario canada..Went in for my tims coffee and headed back on the road..
    As i come around the bend of the service area and i see a so called professional driver who had manage to get his trailer wheels up a 3ft cement curb!!! ..I think WTF cause you can see he killed 4 rims and tires on his drivers side while the right side was barely sittin on the pavement with slide markes...Come around the trk a lil further only to see that the nose on the passenger side was sittin on his drives so he couldnt move....lol...
    I dont see how you can not see a 3ft cement curb hit it when loaded and not go through the windshield even at 10mph or tear off the trl legs.....Amazes me how some even put their pants on in the morning let along get a licence to drive an 18..

SteerTire and tucker Thank this.
  4. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    As a side note to my story, after I fueled up and continued north on I-85 I saw the guy pulled over on the side on the phone. "I dont know, boss. I was driving along and blew a tire!"

In his defense I would have done the same thing lol

Ffx95 Thanks this.
  5. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Lol....Cover your ###...

Ffx95 Thanks this.
  6. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    You would be shocked at how many try to save $ and buy cheap chinese tires and sometimes they blow cause you farted in your trk..

7. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Used to go to Tim's all the time in Hamilton when I worked for Republic Steel.

8. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Rarely see hammy..I go by it heading to sauga all the time..

9. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
  10. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Jseus...That big n yellow how can he miss it..I bet he woulda seen a set of knockers off a nekid chick 100 ft away though..lol..
    That anrupt woulda been a clue somethin aint right but clueless driver i guess..

11. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.