Pilot/Flying J fuel hauling?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by tscottme, Dec 1, 2017.

1. tndriver

tndriver Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2011
    mid south tn
    Guy I just trained came from pilot. He didn't really have nothing bad to say. He just quit caused moved him to night shift. But hes in better place now.

tscottme Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Thanks.

4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I'm thinking about taking a DEF hauling job with Pilot Flying J. Anything you can tell me about it would be much appreciated, @haz-matguru .

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Do not let any employer flop you into night shift or day shift without a minimum of three full days sleep or three full nights sleep to suit. This minor amount of time off adapting your body clock will pay dividents when you do go into the new schedule.

Everyone talks about pay. Pay this, Pay that, Pay at or below average above average etc. But inquiring minds want to know... HOW MUCH!?

We have a bunch of tankers in NLR because of the 4 of 5 pipelines converging in this part of the USA. Whatever you want in a tanker you can get and ship.

I can tell you right now a examination of some of the truck stop tanker trucks. Indicates that the drivers are pushed for time to where they are not feeling like they can stop a minute and catch a good cup of coffee;

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  6. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I'm still waiting on word for the Pilot Santa Rosa fuel position I got called for. Seems pretty sweet. 12 hour nights, 6p-6a, with Weds/Thurs nights off. Not too far from where I live, but they're still trying to work out whether I could commute and hang out there during the work week. Or move there altogether.

Anyways, the conditions of their trucks don't seem too bad. Slip seat and most of the time, it was said we might be getting done earlier than the other driver, so we wouldn't even see each other that much.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.