Pilot Flying J In Trouble Again

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by delta5, Jan 11, 2018.

1. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    It really does not matter where you stop as long as you are happy with the place you choose. If you are a company driver maybe you are told where to fuel or how much to purchase but where you stop for the day is dependent on hours and your preference. Most Pilots are small and cramped as are Loves. TA/Petro's are roomier and most provide sit down restaurants even though more and more convert to fast food only. The Flying J's are also roomy and provide Denny's though nowhere as good as Flying J restaurants used to be. If you plan your stay well there will usually be enough free parking or you might have to reserve and pay to insure that you will be able to park.
    Like I said it is a personal choice for most and I have preferred TA/Petro since the 76's were sold many years ago and there are some great independent's still out there. Enjoy your choice or change because you still control the stop I hope.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    If I don't control the stop. I don't drive the truck.
    With this eld law it just takes more planning. I buy pretty much all my fuel from small places. Shower there too usually in the middle of the day for 30 minute requirement. Then I park as far as I can get to maximize every day. Helps that I usually am on the very early morning and done early after lunch time I can park anywhere. Have regular lanes I run so it's just a system pretty much now.

4. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    I was a Pilot GM before I started driving... This was the culture: and Hazelwood was a complete jerk! None of what has been revealed or brought out in the open is a surprise to many of us who were once in that environment that was fostered... it was crazy!

bzinger and MagnumaMoose Thank this.
  5. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    Isn't that a violation of wiretapping laws?
    Go to WNEP.com and search "Winery."
    Owner ended up in Smith & Wesson Cufflinks for that.

6. laaylor

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    I think that this was a recording by an undercover person who was cooperating with the feds... not really sure, tho...

7. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    IIRC the drummer was black and also the song writer. Not that it matters in todays hypersensitive society.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  8. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    From the story; "recorded by an undercover FBI and IRS source."
    Did not open the link, or even read the story - so had no business commenting.
    Llaylor is right above. I jumped to contusions; so that's what you get. Sorry, folks.

laaylor Thanks this.
  9. laaylor

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Lol! We all do that at times!

rolls canardly Thanks this.
  10. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I used to prefer Pilot, but now Loves beats them hands down. Pilot gives you peanuts in "rewards". I've got so much built up on my Loves card I could shower half of Denver and refill enough drinks to fill a stadium.

Ok maybe thats a bit of an stretch but still, Loves is better.

I also had a disgusting run in with a dirty shower in a Pilot and haven't been able to even attempt to shower there again.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  11. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I remember the old days when pilot would clean the showers with bleach.

Now they dont even flush the toilet in the shower room between uses.

Tennessee is a 1 party state meaning only 1 person being recorded needs to know. Only a few states are 2 party states.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.