Pilot installing tire pressure sensors at fuel pumps. Sends info to your company

Discussion in 'Other News' started by JC1971, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    All the Trucks I drove: Steers 105, Drives 100-105. Trailers were set: 95-105 depending upon freight weight.
    EVERY TIME New Tires were installed (Steers, Drives, Trailer), the folks installing NEVER got the pressures correct = S. O. P. (standard operating procedure).
    I checked next day to discover near 20 pounds LOW, so out came the side box 50' red air line, to correct.
    I NEVER deflated Tires (unless of course air system was stronger than the usual truck stop pressure).
    I checked mornings before depart, yes, even in inclement, frigid weather.
    Only ever had 2 drive tires explode, same tractor within a 3 month timeline (one south-western N.Y state, other, Florida panhandle). Owner ran re-cap Drives, but real Steer tires.

I've seen 130 p.s.i. a few times on steers and drives. Never deflated.

I ALWAYS avoided the Love's Tires Check Lane at Fuel Islands!!
    No Point when Gauging HOT Tires.
    - - - - - -
    CHEERS!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    I have a "T" connection behind my driver seat coming from the compressor. One side is connected to the seat to adjust it, the other is a fitting for blowing air (to clean out the truck I suppose). So I have a question...When you need to fill your tires in the morning and the truckstops don't have air lines (most of them don't, or if they do, they are broken or weak), do you connect your 50-ft hose to the gladhand? Or do I connect it to the inside line behind my seat?

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  5. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    you hook to the red gladhand

6. krupa530

krupa530 Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    Orem, UT
    your gonna get 100 different responses to this. 120 psi can hold a massive amount of weight which I’m sure your not carrying.
    Personally I run 85psi max on my drives which according to Continental’s tire inflation chart is over 34000 pounds. Everyone runs different pressures.

7. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    How the heck are they going to report anyone?

Will they report on me to myself?

Should I slap my own hand for too much or too low psi?

How will they know my tires pressures to begin with?
    If it's a person running around with a gauge, I hope she is naked and sexy, also mute, because I don't want to hear her voice yapping about one tire being 110 and the tire beside it only 107.
    She better put my valve caps back on to.

8. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    If weight stations and pilot is getting these systems, then all these power only companies are going to die. Literally 7 out of 10 trailers i move have questionable tires.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.