Pink Panther Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TraderVic, Mar 29, 2020.

1. TraderVic

TraderVic Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Well I got conned going to work for this place! I drove for CR England for 2 years and decided it was time to get a job with weekend hometime so I settled for this outfit. I live in Omaha and they're out of Waterloo Iowa so I had to commute in my POV for my hometime but I was fine with that because I was home every weekend for my 34.
    Everything was going great apart from getting a ticket back in November for having an "unauthorized passenger" in the truck but things happen so it wasn't much of a big deal to the company and I was grateful for them understanding.
    Then a couple of weeks ago I called in and told them I wouldn't be rolling as soon as my 34 hour reset was up because I had some trouble at home(I always head out as soon as my 34 is up and thats with a 4 hour drive to and from the terminal).
    They said that was fine because they were setting up a special load for me and to come in when I could.
    When I finally arrive my "special load" is for the Walmart DC in Sterling IL and its too heavy to take with my assigned truck so I have to take a day cab which wasn't a big deal because I thought I would be coming right back to the yard.
    Wrong! I deliver to the DC and get another load coming out of Naperville going to Cleveland OH that needs to be delivered at 6AM the next day! I call dispatch to advise them I'm in a day cab and I need to comeback and get my regular truck(I was running paper logs in the day cab so I would've had a fresh clock after getting into my truck). They said no and if I came back to the yard they would call the police and report the truck stolen. So I ended up driving to the nearest Greyhound station,left the truck on the street and got a bus back to Waterloo IA.

2. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    So now you’ll have a truck abandonment put in you.
    If it is a truck assigned to you, how is it stolen?
    If you are on paper logs, they couldn’t track you? Still drive on in.
    If I left out in a vehicle, I am returning that vehicle and then I’d get them for “Filing a false police report.”

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    New England area
    in all actuality, you DID NOT get conned.

you applied for a job, and got hired.

you should have asked all the questions that a knowing driver should have asked. further, why get a job where your personal commute is 4 hours away?

that's as bad as the walmart driver, that had to drive nearly (if i recall) 8 hours? to get to his d/c center, and when he got into his truck, he slammed into that bus that killed a guy and seriously injured the comic Tracey Morgan, and THAT my friend was a MULTI- MILLION dollar lawsuit....

you wanna get in on that action, driving all those hours TO WORK, then start driving your truck?

no, you see, you were not conned into THAT job, you did NOT DO your due diligence in finding a good job...

this is all on you every day and twice on Sunday.

4. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I'd have just got authorization for a motel and continued on.
    If they wouldn't ante up then I would abandon their truck.
    Getting screwed shouldn't work just one way.
    I'd wager pink panther doesn't have the extra dime for a hire right account.

5. TraderVic

TraderVic Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2020
    No they're a Bulgarian company so they don't use DAC or anything like that. As for the hotel they wouldn't pay for one because the owners cousin owns a shop with a bunkhouse in Chicago where drivers stay when their trucks are getting worked on.

6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Hot Springs, AR
    Well, all I know is when Barney says to get your vegetable truck out of town, you best do it.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    The name Pink Panther Express would have been my first red flag, but that's me.

stevep1977, buddyd157, mjd4277 and 4 others Thank this.
  8. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
  9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Fernley, Nevada
    A friend of mines Dad invented the Pink Panther!

TB John Thanks this.
  10. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB&CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    My great-great uncle was Australian. He invented the phrase "G-day mate!" Every time it's used our family is owed 10 cents..

plankton and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted