Pipe Hauling as an Owner/Operator in the Permian Basin

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by BORNtoROAM, Dec 20, 2013.

1. BORNtoROAM

BORNtoROAM Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Odessa, TX
    well hopefully i don't have to relocate, but of it comes to that, so be it. there's so much pipe flying around here i'd be shocked if i don't find something decent

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    why not just run otr...or whatever you can get....for a couple of months, then re-apply. If that 2 months delay costs you an opportunity, there wasnt much opportunity there anyway.

4. 281ric

281ric Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2011
    TX
    I dont see why you would have to relocate. Your truck can go anywhere and the co you lease to doesnt have to be next door to you:biggrin_2556:

5. BORNtoROAM

Jan 23, 2012
    Odessa, TX
    true i wasn't thinking. but at the very least i assume i'd have to talk to them in person and let them inspect my truck before getting leased on and it would sure be an expensive shame to drive all the way to houston only to be turned down. but i suppose i can't expect someone to just hand me a job without jumping through a few hoops

281ric Thanks this.
  6. BORNtoROAM

Jan 23, 2012
    Odessa, TX
    i did get some potentially good news today though. i showed up with my truck today at the company i originally planned to work for and the foreman told me my truck and trailer were good enough and to call him early next week and he'd see if he could make room for me. i'm just happy he didn't say "No your truck is junk, kick rocks kid"

7. 281ric

281ric Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2011
    TX
    Keep a positivie attitude and show him you deserve a spot in his team.
    Good luck and keep us updated.

BORNtoROAM Thanks this.
  8. Wymon

Wymon Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Good luck!

BORNtoROAM Thanks this.
  9. raynlan

raynlan Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2014
    good Luck, this why you must research, research research before you jump.

10. Wymon

Wymon Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
    BORNtoROAM-I know this is out of your area-I saw a LOT more O/O's than normal with pipe rigging around Gillette, Wy today-didn't have a chance to talk to anyone to see if they came from down south or what-seems like there is a lot of pipeline work around here.

11. BORNtoROAM

Jan 23, 2012
    Odessa, TX
    well it looks like i'm going to haul pipe as a company driver for now. i decided i'm not comfortable with the amount of cash i have to run my own truck, so i'm going to get my foot in the door and get some pipe hauling experience and then give it a shot once i've built some capital. i didn't get a definite Yes, you're hired.. which is frustrating, but he did sound promising. guess my truck will just have to sit for a while. oh well

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.