Pipe stakes & chocks

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by claytonswife, Aug 15, 2016.

1. claytonswife

claytonswife Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2016
    My husband just started with a company that has very recently started a flatbed division. They don't have the necessary equipment for steel pipe but they're wanting him to pick up a load tomorrow. We're in Wilmington, IL headed to Independence, KS to drop a load of flat steel then headed to Muskogee, OK to pick up the pipe. If anybody knows of anywhere that pipe stakes & chocks can be purchased somewhere along our way, your information would be greatly appreciated.
    Have a blessed day & stay safe...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    I think any lumber yard will have what you need. And thy will custom cut it to any length.

4. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    They won't have any pipe stakes. Sometimes pawn shops close to industrial areas and truck stops have some made up. Get on the CB and ask around. Someone might sell you some.

barroll and claytonswife Thank this.
  5. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Is he experienced? If he doesn't know proper securment he needs to ask! Mistakes with steel are quite....... unforgiving...

D.Tibbitt, tucker, Lepton1 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Clyde 1961

Clyde 1961 Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Tri county tarp....270 bypass granite city.... Maybe.... All I know..... The chocks should be provided by shipper....

barroll and claytonswife Thank this.
  7. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    10-4, Had to look up what thy were. I was thinking of the short wood stakes.

claytonswife Thanks this.
  8. claytonswife

claytonswife Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2016
    He is experienced with steel; this new company he's with is new to flatbed & doesn't have the equipment he needs to properly secure the load. But yes he knows how to secure the load & what he needs to do it. Thanks for all of yalls comments. They do help directing me in the right direction to getting the equipment. Have a blessed day & stay safe...

tucker, Lepton1 and street beater Thank this.
  9. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Might be too late but that shop is called Tri City Canvis. I would call zamzow in KC if you're past STL by now.

10. Marmon

Marmon Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2016
    In the port of Catoosa ok.area

11. mc8541ss

mc8541ss Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Lower Alabama
    Try calling the pipe yard where he is loading, many times they will have them. Also a lot of the places like truck or trailer parts places will have them if they are in a town that has a lot of pipe yards. I know Houston does anyway. And every pipe yard I have loaded at has always provided the chocks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.