Pizza Party on me

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by SteveScott, Nov 14, 2019.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    It literally the "they fell off the back of a truck" story lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I have never seen pizza, but have seen drivers giving away other products (or selling ) at truckstops, when they were stuck with a pallet or two.

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    fellers this thread just proves u should never pull a reefer lol . if the customer tells me they didnt order something on my flatbed .

" we didnt order this product driver"

"my bills say you did"

"sweet, get ur straps off , we get you unloaded and figure it out later, boss"

5. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    The only time I have had anything even thought about refused on a step, was two farm tractors I hauled from NC to OR. They claimed they had not ordered any new tractors. lol
    After a couple of phone calls, it turned out they hadn't, but they always bought 20 new ones every year, so the dealer was just getting a head start on them. lol

FlaSwampRat and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I like pizza, frozen or otherwise. :D

D.Tibbitt and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I have never been a big fan of pizza, but will eat it occasionally. Not long after I started actually working and staying in Alaska. I stopped at a pizza joint next to the fred meyers. I told them what I wanted and that I would be back in 30 minutes, then went and bought my groceries. When I came back they handed me a cold box, I looked and it was uncooked. I had never heard of such a thing and didn't even have an oven to cook it in. lol

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Not what he's talking about, driver. Did the shipper/broker/company/etc file an OS&D claim with their freight insurance agency yet, yes or no? If yes, then you can do whatever with the reject pallet. If no, then hold off on disposing of the reject pallet until said claim has been filed

9. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Uh Driver, the broker (Convoy) emailed and texted me that they cleared it with the shipper and I was free to dispose of the remaining product as I see fit. If they failed to file OS&D or anything else, it's on them. I have their assurance in writing, and that's a legally binding agreement in any court.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

As a dry van driver the most I ever had to dispose of after a load was 6 wooden pallets. I wouldn't haul reefer freight if the lumpers paid me.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    This is my first time after hauling reefer for a few years, so I consider it no big deal. I've never even had a leftover pallet before, and I've never paid a lumper out of my own pocket.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.