Places that Jepordize your CDL

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WrightTrucker33, Sep 11, 2019.

1. WrightTrucker33

WrightTrucker33 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2019
    Houston
    Hey guys been out here running for about a year still very green but wanted to start a convo about some shippers and receivers that I feel like jeopardize your CDL. I know the arguement can be made that EVERYWHERE can jeopardize your CDL and also with going slow and GOAL there is no such thing. Just wanted to give advanced warning to the rooks out there maybe they’ll recognize the place on there dispatch and take extra time trip planning. What I have so far. Also I run reefer but all divisions are free to provide input

Kroger’s Gelhorn Houston, TX
    Tight as hell on the reefer side GOAL frequently and slide tandems before you get there.

Linege logistics University Park Illinois
    Usually reviews are overblown but this place is bad long waits and employees that zip around in 4 wheelers that can easily screw up your DAC beware!

Hunts point Co-op Bronx,NY
    Not hard to get to if you follow the signs and routes but the wild driving NYC driving can have you with an accident in the blink of an eye. Also once on the premises watch for box trucks, forklifts and clueless pedestrians.

Those are the bad ones that stick out but I’ll post more from my files if this gains traction. Drive safe y’all!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Hunts Point stands alone as it's own system.

Places do not go forth to endanger CDL's What I prefer to tell people is quit taking on jobs that send you to places you do not function well enough in to protect, among other things; your Blessed CDL.

Keep in mind no place or business has the ability to take your CDL. However if such a facility is so badly run that just being present endangers your ability to continue trucking as a livelhood, I suggest engineering a light Ban on your name so you will never be sent back again in your lifetime. Provoking a shouting match with a desk clerk and his office staff until blood vessals poke out on same is quite enough to earn such a light ban but not a arrest or something stupid.

roshea, WrightTrucker33 and xairx Thank this.
  4. xairx

xairx Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2019
    I dropped a loaded trailer and blocked the whole entrance to a ####hole warehouse once Lifetime ban, thankfully.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Telluride, CO. Almost every street is super tight.
    Also, be careful if they try to route you through Silverton or Ouray, CO. That's one tight and dangerous mountain pass.

WrightTrucker33 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Slide tandems up , whys that did you know it backs in easier with them all the way back and way safer than side swiping the parked truck with your bumper on your blind slide.

How and why did that sliding up rumor ever get started , im not buying its easier to drive fallacy.

roshea and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Your confusing private property with pubic roads.

Just about nothing on private property will affect your CDL. It could affect your DAC, but you can go to a company that does not use DAC. You'll likely be happier thete too.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I once dumped a container over the 30 or so foot hillside off the lot in one corner of a particularly bad place. Its probably the one time in my life that when someone that big demands with the voice of god to drop that #### container here. By god its probably still here. Rusting quietly half sunk.

I thought there was yelling before. But when they saw flying 40 foot box that high up in the air they really started yelling then. When I arrived by the yard later that day my employer pulled me aside and asked me WTF was that place?

I did tell him never to send me back up there. I quit first.

pagan22 and Capacity Thank this.
  9. WrightTrucker33

Sep 11, 2019
    Houston
    That’s just what I’ve been told driver. I do like how the trailer moves much less with tandems all the way back personally, it’s just so long setting up is a bit of a hassle.

10. WrightTrucker33

Sep 11, 2019
    Houston
    Yea I guess I lumped in the roads getting to the facility, it’s my first post I’ll get it together hopefully haha

ZVar Thanks this.
  11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    It's not so much places that jeopardize your CDL. Just the brain dead

FlaSwampRat and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.