Planet Fitness with truck parking

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ncmickey, Dec 23, 2016.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    The way I figure it, if you can't "work out" on a semi-consistent basis, may as well not bother. May be better off to develop a system that you can do regularly in/near your truck.

That said, I recall seeing an Anytime Fitness next to the Pilot in Rayville, LA

There's been other threads created on the past here on TTR that generated a few other truck stop locations with fitness place on or nearby the property.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    ncmickey Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fargonaz

fargonaz Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Mesa, AZ
    Wow! The info meter is pegged on this one...o_O

scottied67 Thanks this.
  4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

uber or lyft takes you to the front door from any truck stop

timidlady and fargonaz Thank this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    The one near me, in Burton MI, is in a mall, so plenty of places to park in the back 40 and walk over to the Planet Fitness. I'm sure several are this way..

6. drive it

drive it Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2017
    STOP MAKING EXCUSES YOU LAZY ### TRUCK DRIVERS. I drive a truck and go to the gym everyday all u have to do is use Google maps and u can find every planet fitness on your route go work out and take a shower some u can even take a ten hour break at. I can't even remember last time I took a shower at a truck stop. I'm so tired of every dam excuse in the book to not workout man quit being bums u already sit all day it telling me you can't make it to a gym to get off your a.. is a lie like I said I go every single day if not 5 or 6 days a week and I still make good money and I'm never late to an appointment

timidlady and dog-c Thank this.
  7. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Did you really make a account here just to berate a few guys over working out? I mean, this thread was about finding and using, not avoiding....

8. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Best thing to do OTR is to get a dedicated run. Then map out gyms. Hit the gym 2-3 times in the week then workout like a beast on your 34hr restart at the house. When you know the areas and where to park it's easier to be consistent. Or bring dumbells yoga matt and do a side work out during the week. There's a lot of home weekly jobs now cause nobody wants to stay out anymore.

9. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    while OTR I go to PF 2-3 days a week, I'll use google to figure out the parking situation. Then I make notes of that specific gym and the next time I go there I remember how to get in, get out etc.

Also, PF has these pressurized water massage chairs that are fantastic. You can customize them to shoot pressurized water into your lower back, and after sitting all day in the truck its definitely worth it.

10. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    What excuse was that? I drive a truck and go to the gym too... SO? Who made an excuse? Troll elsewhere pal!

ncmickey Thanks this.
  11. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Why does every one need a Gym to stay fit? Simple guide to truckers staying fit. 1. Unless refueling park at least 1 mile away and walk to the truck stop. 2. Do all the unloading yourself 3. Drink water instead of Soda. 4. When you have some home time offer to do all the chores around the house. 5. Give up truck driving and become a fitness instructor :cool:

midnightlost and Toothpick1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.