Planning a one time trip from DC to Hadley, PA

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Fredy, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    also you got to remember , this guy is doing the Lords work, he will get all the info and help he needs.

Truckermania Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

10 4. Thats what i thought, while he is a world of info, moving loads across state lines dealing with for hire drivers and paying ifta.... i feel is not in China's footlocker of knowledge.

I asked the question, because i feel like we ask a lot of him, when we dont need to. He probably gets 6000 notifications a day asking the same exact question, or one of us calling him to answer a question he just answered yesterday.

That is all.

4. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Ok , don't ask Chinatown, ask my buddy EV at Flo`s Diner, he will help. Ha, Ha, Ha

5. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Here is what I would do, get a truck, load the thing on there , chain it , strap it, haul it. D.O.T pulls you over, tell him don't worry about it, ill get it there safely. He argues with you, ask him how old he is, then tell him you been driving for 43 year, probably before he was ever born. Then tell him your drivng record is PERFECT, and tell him to go on his way.

6. Steve from hutch

Steve from hutch Medium Load Member

I have a CDL, a DOT number and, am NOT FOR HIRE. That term is used by private carriers like Pepsi, who do not carry contracted freight. The original poster with a DOT number "could" haul his own personal items with his truck using a personal exemption, the church property preclude that. The term not for hire gets used by racers and rodeo guys a lot in lieu of a DOT number, I know a DOT cop down in Texas that likes to award them a prize for their effort. Just because you are not for hire doesn't mean you are not commercial.

Steve

7. Fredy

Fredy Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Washington, D.C
    I thought I update everyone on this trip: The trip was great to say the least. Planned it well and had time to stop at a range and didnt feel too tired driving a couple of hours. I passed three weight stations and only one was open (in MD) but he waved me on so theres that. The church is now saving approximately $700/month in trash bills. Thank you all for your input and advice. God bless you!

Truckermania Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.