Please recommend some decent companies

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Haula**, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Haula**

Haula** Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Got my CDL in August. Went to work for a small 25 truck company OTR. I love job of trucking itself so far even the winters just not the company.

I’m 1099, US Navy retired so I have benefits. Company pays 20% of the load to new drivers raises one percent every 6 months until capped at 30% of the load.

The company says the goal is $6000 a week per truck but since I’ve been here in August the truck has only grossed $6000 twice which has left my bottom line way to #### short. I’ve had weeks of being out 7-8 days to make $300. Most checks are $700-$800. I live in DC area and that won’t cut it with the expenses we have in the nations capital lol. Looking for something that I can net at least $1200 per week after taxes minimum.

I called the Megas dudes talking about .30-.40 cents a mile running 2500-3000 miles a week isn’t enough for my area cost of living. I want to run hard, stay out for long periods of time, even consider living in the truck and make decent money to save to purchase my own truck.

I’ve got no family, no kids, I was a foster kid. I don’t even care for holidays or anything like that because I never had family to experience them with! I just want to drive and stack money!

I’m 23 years old. And figure if I get rid of this apartment and live out of the truck for 5-7 years. Then buy my own truck and drive that until I’m 40. I’d save some decent money up to just contribute to an investment account. As I plan to retire at 40 and relocate to a country with a wayyy lower cost of living. I don’t plan on purchasing any property here in the states and I’ve got a lot of overseas experience from my time in the service lol.

If you’re able to help a young new trucker out with a pm or if any of you guys are hiring around DC let me know!

I just want to run extremely hard!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you have endorsements?
    Lots of military vets hang around overseas and retire there.
    Philippines even has a social security office in Manila. All the military services have facilities there including the Navy FRA.
    My friend was a Storekeeper on a supply ship and he recently married a Pinoy woman and plans to move there when he retires.
    Again; do you have endorsements?

4. Haula**

Haula** Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Yeah I’ve got tanner hazmat and doubles and triples

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Trimac Transportation has a OTR division that runs coast to coast. Once you qualify for their Elite Fleet, you can make over $100K per year.
    They hire new cdl school grads.
    Unless the policy has changed, you need 24 mos. cdl-a driving experience to qualify for their Elite Fleet. Someone there can give up to date info. if you call.
    [​IMG]

6. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    need a year experience

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    For the Elite Fleet?
    Here's for other driving positions:
    "We offer the best paid training in the industry! Whether you’re a recent CDL school graduate, a former military service member or an experienced driver, Trimac Transportation has the perfect career opportunity for you! "

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  8. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    no for me lol ...... I ment a great job

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.