Please support the "Homeowners Wireless Freedom Act of 2018"

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by russbrill, Nov 10, 2017.

1. russbrill

russbrill Medium Load Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Blaskowitz Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    How exactly can a HOA prevent you from using a wireless communication device? Unless you're wanting a 50' tower in your back yard, how would they even know? And if having that 50' tower in your back yard is so important to you, why would you live somewhere that doesn't allow it? You chose to live in a community with a HOA, so abide by the rules you agreed to.

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    First congress should be eleiminate the hoa, they allowed it to be created and they can take it away and should.

However we have this

Amateur Radio Parity Act

Blaskowitz Thanks this.
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    No level of snooping is beneath any HOA.

Blaskowitz and QuietStorm Thank this.
  6. russbrill

Nov 10, 2017
    The current version of ARPA (Amateur Radio Parity Act) has some problems when it comes to clarity, and (if passed) it only applies to licensed amateur operators. Also, ARPA does nothing to protect any of the other radio services offered to US Citizens.

Blaskowitz Thanks this.
  7. russbrill

Nov 10, 2017
    Homeowners and Citizens need alternatives to cellular phones. Did you know In the Santa Rosa/Napa fires over 80 cell phone towers burned leaving people with no communications. This is where Amateur, Citizens Band, FRS, and GMRS radio steps in to provide a communications path for the public.

I believe all of the Personal Communications Radio Services have real value and when taken advantage of by the public they can help everyone communicate during difficult situations.

Unfortunately, most Developers don't share my optimistic view of Radio and use CC&R's to ban antennas/transceivers from most new homes.

Blaskowitz Thanks this.
  8. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Oops

If you move into a neighborhood with an HOA you have. voluntarily chosen to abide by the covenants. If you dont agree with the rules dont sign the contract. Pretty simply really.

I personally hate covenants so I chose a neighborhood without them

9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i'm sorry, you signed an agreement, you pay an HOA monthly fee, you HAVE TO abide by the rules, or move out.

can you try say for instance, a stainless steel whip, mounted at your top window frame in the back of the house?

that "might be" less visible over a tall tower. and maybe no one will even see the thin whip.

how about a tree in your back yard, can you jerry rig a whip up there, and it'll be covered by the leaves and branches, and bury the cable to your house?

then comes into play the FCC if your radio waves is interrupting someone's radio or over the air tv stations. (i have FiOS) AND a roof top antenna for over the air tv. some in your area can as well.

otherwise that petition is useless, it's not something you're gonna win.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  10. russbrill

Nov 10, 2017
    I don't live in an HOA controlled neighborhood, but I do recognize the HOA situation is having a chilling effect on the installation of two-way radio systems in homes.

BTW: Almost ALL new homes are in an HOA. If you buy anything built in the last 20 years it has all kinds of CC&R's and most likely an HOA...

Blaskowitz Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.