PODS Accounts

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by POS#2, Jul 10, 2016.

1. POS#2

POS#2 Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Pa.
    Was wondering if anyone here has ever worked one of these accounts picking up and delivering PODS?? I know there are several companies that have these accounts and I am sure they all vary, but what I am looking for is just some basic info on what this type of work is like, what it involves and what its like to haul PODS. I am told on both accounts I have offers through, its no chaining or tarping just throwing some straps and go, deliveries would be to all 48 states with there being a "busy" season, I'm just looking to get an opinion from someone who has done this or is doing this. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
  4. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Probably mostly what I have to tell you won't help but, back in '05 or '06, my wife & I was hot shoting with an '05 Chevy 3500 with a Duramax & Allison tranny & 40' flat goose neck. The deal wasn't too bad I don't think but, on a hot shot, they grab a LOT of wind (drag) & I was only getting about 5 MPG in that one ton pulling those things.

I dont think the pay was too bad but I don't remember. I do remember, I would have hauled more (& had the chance to haul more for them) but in my personal situation at 5 mpg, I couldn't make any money & it lugged my little truck really hard. It was in a strain all the time trying to pull those things down the road catching all that wind.

If I remember right, it was a pretty simple haul. They sit'em on the trailer, throw about 3 straps across them & go. By the way, these were empty boxes. I'm not sure that what I did is what your really asking about because, I was just transferring a couple of these from one facility to the other. Not really as in a steady, every day, week in, week out hauling them for the company kinda thing.
    However, hope this helps.....

POS#2 Thanks this.
  5. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    I would never ever mess with these PODs......ever!!!!

Unlike containers ....who knows what the hell is in these things. I heard drug cartels use PODs quite a bit. Not to mention the dangerous times we live in. Basic rule is this unless I am there to watch......it doesn't go on my truck.

You have no idea what is in those pods.

6. Truckerjohn1971

Truckerjohn1971 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2019
    Hi I delivered pods before I love it the pods are light so no heavy weight ..u strap them with straps and turn them on the sides not flat but with a turn usually always three 20 foot on a trailer and 15 ft dimensions u haul from the pods distribution center no residential ..they unload and load and u deliver it's easy work i.loved it and would go back ...hope this helps you

POS#2 Thanks this.
  7. Flexedbmw

Flexedbmw Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2017
    How do you find these loads, like on a load board or through a broker?

8. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I'm pretty sire I got mine through a broker.

9. Flexedbmw

Flexedbmw Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2017
  10. clownrebel

clownrebel Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2020
    I haul them. It's mostly drugs or patio furniture.

11. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    I Love both of those things lots.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.