Point A to Point B (SLC to Vernal)

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Junkyard Johnney, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Junkyard Johnney

Junkyard Johnney Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    Plains,Mt
    Didn't see a place to post this but I am sure there is one. Ran alot of Utah before but if you were running from SLC, Ut to Vernal loaded which is the best way to go; up Hwy 40 out of Heber or down 89-6-191 out of Spanish Fork? I realize it is 25 miles further down Spanish Fork but is it flatter terrain , easier on fuel ect ect?
    Thanks J-J

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    What's the most prettiest, relaxed, lay back road there is? That's the one I want when I'm away from traffic and all the people. Doesn't matter to me which is quicker you're only going to make up a few minutes is all. We're not all built the same I know but I take any time where it's safe to relax and just drive. I'm not wound up in traffic and all but I am wired to keep all my sense running 100%.

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    191 from 6 up to 40 at Duchesene has some sharp curves and very steep (7%+) grades. I've ran it at 79000# and I saw other trucks on it too. But if I had been coming from SLC I would go I80 to US 40 all the way to Vernal. By the way there is a little fuel stop on the east side of Vernal you can park overnight.

5. Junkyard Johnney

Junkyard Johnney Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    Plains,Mt
    Ok appreciate the info, always looking for the best terrain that is the easiest on the equipment. Ran a lot of roads over the years but its the new ones I never been on that keeps a guy going. Thank you
    J-J

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.