Polyair sucks!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Steel Dragon, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    1. Took five hours to get loaded (5 hours from appointment time, arrived earlier which is apparently pointless). They stated that they load as the product gets produced, which is an insane operating model in any way you view it. This load had been booked 3 days prior, so they know what loads they have coming up, but obviously do not care about any level of efficiency and have zero regard for the trucks they are loading. ALSO - where this was delivered, because of how it is loaded (it is literally stuffed in the truck in any way possible, no pallets) took 4 hours to unload. I would steer clear of this company's loads altogether as they take forever to load AND to unload.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
    This place sucks. They set up an appointment for 11 am i showed up before that got in dock after one and load wasn't ready . Whats the point of appointments then? Got loaded after 7 pm. Messed up

4. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015

• "Okay if you really need the money"
      StarStarStarStarStar
      Former Contractor - Maintenance Mechanic inChicago, IL
      Doesn't Recommend
      Neutral Outlook
      CEO
      I worked at Polyair Inter Pack as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My boss and fellow employees kept me as long as I could tolerate the disorganized mess of a company we were involved with.
      After being gone for 10 years and the "new" Polyair took over it turned into complete turmoil in a very short time.

Cons

Dodging forklifts was a main priority. Besides shipping and receiving department madly trying to load and unload constantly revolving stream of trucks. Many machine operators were responsible for finding and pulling raw materials and putting away finished product. Many employees are new or just never been trainedShow Less

Advice to Management

Please stop with the meaningless "safety meeting" every shift. Also allow already trained and qualified employees to perform their functions and responsibilities.
      Lastly examine the practices of more established and reputable companies that don't think Teamwork is Taboo and therefore not …

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.