poor driving record

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by jvrangel, Sep 23, 2007.

1. jvrangel

jvrangel Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2007
    lexington, VA
    I am 50 year old stockbroker half way finished with CDL driving school. I graduate 10/05/07 and two national companies have already turned me down because of my driving record. Since 01/05 i have three speeding tickets and one for improper driving with an accident with property damage ($250.00). Any ideas on what to do? I want to go OTR and the length of time away from home is not a concern.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
  4. Truckin Juggalo

Truckin Juggalo Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    your probably going to have to get your foot in the door with Swift or JB hunt but i dont think JBH will take u, i suppose try swift get some time with them then you will be able to move arround a bit and find a carrier you would like to work for

5. Etosha

Etosha World Citizen

Aug 19, 2007
    Edmonton, AB
    Or find a smaller LTL carrier until you have some time behind you with no more offences.

6. latanea

latanea Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    you would be amazed at the records some of the new cats have - and get on with pretty decent OTR companies///

jugalo - I cant reply to your message - do not have enough #### in my britches yet....

but I will give you more info on knoxville "T" jobs soon.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.