positive drug test results

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by fredman1492, Dec 19, 2007.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    If they are a member they can. Not all trucking companies are members. I think it's like 2500 of the bigger ones are.

CAXPT Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hellraiser78

Hellraiser78 Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2012
    PA
    How about we start a post for everyone that needs this info? Lets make a list of companies that uses DAC/HireRight and companies that do not. I think this will help alot of people on here.

franktaylor and lonelyswmtrucker Thank this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Yes, because we really want to help out druggies stay on the road....

nikmirbre and TRKRSHONEY Thank this.
  5. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    Well, druggies aren't the only reason ZVar, there are quite a few vindictive companies that have no qualm with causing a problem for good drivers by making "weird" reports on a DAC.

Just saying. Hopefully a national drug screening database coupled with the PSP will obsolete a subjective system like HireRight's DAC.
    :yes2557:

ZVar and franktaylor Thank this.
  6. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    That would be over 250 pages long. Are you gonna do it? lol

For the most part you can say companies over 200 drivers use it. 100-200 is probably 50/50 and below that not very many use it.

7. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Best way around all this DAC/ drug test worry: Don't do drugs. Be a grown up. If you know that drugs are illegal, and that if you use them there is a possibility you can lose your job, why even risk it?? Why is this even a question?

8. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx
    you may not get your job back however i would pay out of my pocket to get a hair sample test just to clear your name. Come up positive on the hair test, then you smoked or ate something with pot in it.

9. jteague

jteague Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2012
    It's a school not a job. I found out schools can't report to DAC. I just had 2 pee clean which I did. Graduated and TMC HIRED ME.

10. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    In the United States a company does not have to have a reason to fire you. However, if they give you a reason and you can prove that reason to be false you may be able to get damages. Here your damages would be against the lab if you can prove a false positive. They are suppose to save your sample which you can test at another site. Contact the lab and request they preserve the sample. Then get a court to order a new test. Or contact a lawyer and have him do it for you. I do not think you will win as the process has too many outs. It is best to look for another job but if they have damaged your reputation by making an offical record it would be worth suing over.

CAXPT Thanks this.
  11. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Good now stay clean. Once you piss dirty while employed, you can almost guaruntee no respectable company will ever hire you.

CAXPT Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.