positive drug test results

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by fredman1492, Dec 19, 2007.

1. chitown1

chitown1 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2012
    I failed a pre-employment drug test over 5 years ago..It went on my Dac report, I just ran my Dac and it now says I was fired for company policy violation. Now my question is: When a new employer goes to verify my employment with this company, can they disclose that info on the failed pre-employment drug test to the prespective new employer?? Like I said, it was over 5 years ago.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. franktaylor

franktaylor Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    manchester, tn
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe as far as a failed drug test a trucking company can tell a possible employer about it. Also on most trucking company apps it will ask if you ever failed a drug test which of course you have to answer yes. This will eliminate a lot of companies but in my research I found a few that will still hire after 3, 5 , or more years. I failed obe just over a year ago and it took a lot of work but finally found a company that was ok with it I told then everything up front and they respected me for my honesty about it. They said most guys say it was a supplement they were on or someone smoked a joint in the same room. I came right out and said I did some coke and failed a test. They were shocked about my honesty. Good luck to ya

4. chitown1

chitown1 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Oh btw, it was a hair follicle test, I don't think those are dot approved tests. Does anyone know for sure if this info can be disclosed by a previous employer? I have an offer for orientation and I don't wanna get there then be sent home..

5. opie watson

opie watson Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Since it was a hair test, which is not DOT regulated, my guess would be that the previous employee could divulge that information indefinitely.

6. chitown1

chitown1 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2012
    I just read in an article on jsonline.com that currently its illegal for carriers to disclose info on failed hair tests..Schneider is lobbying to change the law about that..Its says it will probably take congressional action to make that legal..

7. chitown1

chitown1 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2012
    BTW the article classifies people who failed a hair test as CHRONIC DRUG ABUSERS, a bit harsh in my opinion..

opie watson Thanks this.
  8. chitown1

chitown1 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2012
    I just read an article on jsonline.com about failed hair tests in trucking..Currently its illegal for carriers to disclose that info since it is not DOT REGULATED testing..Schneider is lobbying to change that law to include failed hair tests to be included in the newly created national database...It says its unlikely and will probably take an act of congress to change...BTW the article classifiea people who failed hair tests as CHRONIC DRUG ABUSERS..a bit harsh IMHO..

9. gifted777

gifted777 Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2012
    So how do you pass that test then is there something you can buy and use that would guarantee you pass?

10. chitown1

chitown1 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Don't use drugs is the only way to pass a hair test...They sell shampoos but I don't think they are very effective.

11. gifted777

gifted777 Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2012
    I stopped. But I don't want it to show up I detoxed for 3 weeks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.