Possesion of alcohol tickets

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by midget28, Aug 19, 2009.

1. tjordan

tjordan Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    lancaster sc
    i got charged when i was 17 with underage poss of alchol but it did not show up on my record and yea i did learn my lesson once was enugh for me

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Why is it that there is always some yahoo who thinks if you spend enough money you can erase your mistakes. Reality check. You made them now live with them. Doesn't matter what you do once you have a record it is always there.

tjordan Thanks this.
  4. midget28

midget28 Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2007
    What Cheer Iowa
    Uumm maybe I missed something here.... I dont drink and drive at all and rarely drink once maybe every 2-3 months. Im not an alcoholic but every now and then I have a few but thats really besides the point here all I asked was if it was something I had to put down simple as that. At no point did I ask for a judge of character by a group of people that dont know me or the situation.

The only thing I was talking about pressing charges on was having my phone broken by a rookie police officer that got ancy. At no point did I have the intention of running. I can man up to my mistakes and Im not going to go out of my way to get it erased off my record.

Now since everyone here has decided to judge my character how many of you can HONESTLY say you didnt drink before you turned the legal age as I know some of you are older folks and it was 18 for a short period. You know what better yet how many of you can tell me you dont have a beer while camping,bbqing, other activities hell you guys make it sound like I shot someone yet I go in to work everyday on time an sober and dont rush off to get drunk after I said the occasional weekend like on special weekends when I know I dont have to work the next mornin not every weekend. Im insulted as hell right now I used to have alot of respect for the members of this forum but if jumping to the wort case conclusion is becoming the nor its kinda pathetic.
    I know I should have worded it better but I was still upset about the hole situation but to clear it up it was a friend of mines birthday party and we were in his garage which is about identical to the one I got the year before 3 miles from the nearest highway at a country house someone called the cops b/c we had a bonfire. Both incidents I was just over the .04 limit but like I said I dont drink and drive and didnt plan to leave either house till the next day.

Edit: No the cop didnt get pissed on I had just zipped up my pants although that would have been kinda funny.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  5. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    I have to agree with you midget28. It was a little harsh because when I read your post I right away thought you were with a group of people at a party and the other kids standing around could very well be the sons or daughters of the other posters. If I had a son and he just return from war and wanted a beer I'd buy it for him. But I would expect a little better judgement than wizzing on the outside wall.

To answer your question, you put down what they ask you. If they ask if you've ever been arrested then you answer if you have. There's companies out there that hire drunk drivers so I don't really think you've have a problem. Just start being a little smarter and recognize you might have a pattern going on here and fix it.

6. midget28

midget28 Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2007
    What Cheer Iowa
    Thank you for the answer there I havent been arrested for them just a fine. Wether or not I was pissing wouldnt have changed much as everyone got tickets there either Public intox or possesion(there was like 3 of us underage about 20) although my phone wouldnt have gotten busted.

7. tjordan

Apr 5, 2009
    lancaster sc
    we all make mistakes it just what u do and what u learn from them get a background check and c if it showes up no need tellin then more than thay need to no

8. jeepskate99

jeepskate99 Road Train Member

They think it because lawyers do it everyday.

9. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    No, lawyers make you think they have gotten ride of it. Truth is once there is a record it's there for ever.

10. tjordan

Apr 5, 2009
    lancaster sc
    not there forever there are ways to get it off

11. jeepskate99

jeepskate99 Road Train Member

My brother got two assaults removed. He is working and even crossing the border daily in to canada.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.