Possible Market in my Area?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by SlimPickens, May 21, 2017.

1. SlimPickens

SlimPickens Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Hello all, i think I'm going to jump into a Lease Purchase on the Choice program here at Schneider. I've been a Company Driver for a little over a year and I'm STILL unsure about freight around my area.
    I'm just inquiring about how hard it will be to get home or out of home from the Little Rock, AR area.
    I'm NOT looking for people telling me not to do it, and that i won't make a lot of money.
    I've done the research about the program and I've looked into other avenues. My end goal is to own a truck and maybe start my first small business.
    Me and my wife will be moving up to Minnesota in about 8 years, and i want to own my truck by then.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I would say Little Rock is not the area where you would get home often

SlimPickens Thanks this.
  4. SlimPickens

Aug 28, 2015
    I'm not looking to get home often either. Maybe once a month. Really just looking for how hard it will be to get to home and out of home.

5. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
  6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    In and out of the Little Rock area ... How hard did you look at Maverick?

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I don't know about in and out of L.R. but you should be able to get through there on some loads.

SlimPickens Thanks this.
  8. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    doesn't SNI have like 3 or 4 big P+G accounts in the Little Rock/Conway area??

9. SlimPickens

Aug 28, 2015
    Can i lease to them pretty easily? Will i have to go through a different financing company?

I know there's a KC in Conway, but it's pretty small.

And besides the Walmart in Searcy, I'm not sure of anything closer.

10. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    It's not necessarily the quantity of freight I would worry about as much as the quality of it. Sni has a reasonable amount of freight in that area that you can use to get you out and back. There are much worse areas to live in. Also remember you are only 150 miles from Memphis and honestly I consider that to be overall the best market in the country.

SlimPickens Thanks this.
  11. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    You cannot go wrong with them, if you get approved for them on the choice next is to get approved for the truck, to what I know you may have to put some money down depends on the truck you want to get, don't forget it is not a walk away lease like the other, also after one year you can move the truck from them, again if you get in and go to sleep you will be repo, if you do like a lot of guys I see and all they do is park at the truck stop talking about there truck they just buy a week later they are still there shining there new truck well that truck is to be running to pay you and pay the bills not park, I personally would tell you to put in two years before you go that route but if you think you are ready I hope

SlimPickens Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.