Possible provincial vaccine passports

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Canadianhauler21, Jul 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    This is seeming like a bigger issue these days and I keep hearing more and more about it. In the United States I doubt they will ever have an effective system for this and that is a good thing. I feel like in Canada everybody who lives here are total sheep, and see vaccine passports as a good thing.

I'm personally not vaccinated and don't plan on it until the trials are finished in 2024.

The question I have for you guys is:

If certain provinces require a vaccine passport to enter, will you stop running those provinces or just get vaccinated?

I have nothing against those who took the vaccine. Considering 80% of Canadian adults got atleast one dose.

Something's are just not adding up with the vaccine, and I don't like that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Enjoy celibacy until you get vaccinated.:D

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  4. Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2021
    Brower paid us 3 hours pay for each shot.

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'm just waiting for the civil war.

w9l, reeferwrencher, Snoopycda and 3 others Thank this.
  6. TheStopSignGuy

TheStopSignGuy Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2018
    That's my concern as well. I'm thinking of getting back to trucking and I don't want to be forced to get a non FDA proved, rush developed vaccine for a virus with 99% survival rate (the 1% USUALLY also has some underlying health conditions like extreme obesity or very old).

K-Jack Thanks this.
  7. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    My company paid us owner ops $90 to get the shot.

8. Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2021
    Works out to a little over $200. It's good that they paid but it's a way for them to find who's not been vaccinated because they're not allowed to ask.

9. classicxl

classicxl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2006
    got my 2and moderna shot last week and like the first shot i felt like i had the flu for 3 days . unfortunately my company will only pay us the 3 sick days that are mandated nothing more .like you i said i would never get the shots but i figured it’s been close to a year now and as long as i didn’t get the AZ shot i should live . who knows if i’ll grow 3 heads 20 years from now but hopefully this is it and if and when the government puts restrictions on those who didn’t get the shots it will not affect me . i don’t like that now there saying we might need a booster shot kind of seems like they will never get rid of covid and just figure more shots are the answers

10. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    I was also on the fence about the shots but a friend got it.
    Healthy sports nut, ZERO pre existing conditions.
    Weeks in ICU, month or so once he got out on oxygen. He will NEVER be the same, never play sports, and probably die early.
    Im an old fat b@$£&rd .....
    Second shot this sunday.

70s Trucking, tinytim and not4hire Thank this.
  11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I still have another 30-35 good years left in me. Unless somebody's willing to pony up $$$$ for me to maintain my current lifestyle should the vaccine permanently harm me I don't want it. Maybe once it gets actual, proper approval I'll be a little more receptive.

w9l, lester, Lite bug and 6 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.